Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Hot - Vista beta 2 download servers ready?

Hot - Vista beta 2 download servers ready?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Jane Colman

Yep, they are indeed what you think

Only trouble is, we will still need cd keys and will have to wait for our
emails telling us that the CPP is available!!

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
> - (English x86)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> - (English x64)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> - (German (x86)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> - (German (x64)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> - (Japanese (x86)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> - (Japanese (x64)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yeah, but given the time the download will take, you might as well start
now.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Jane Colman wrote:
> Yep, they are indeed what you think
>
> Only trouble is, we will still need cd keys and will have to wait for our
> emails telling us that the CPP is available!!
>
>> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
>> - (English x86)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>> - (English x64)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>> - (German (x86)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>> - (German (x64)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>> - (Japanese (x86)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>> - (Japanese (x64)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>> Carlos

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thanks to Zack Whittaker for this, to get your product key:
http://www.windowsvista.com/getready/preview.mspx

Select your location from the list (near the bottom), sign into Windows Live
ID and then you'll receive your product key in your email inbox.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
> - (English x86)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> - (English x64)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> - (German (x86)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> - (German (x64)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> - (Japanese (x86)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> - (Japanese (x64)
> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> Carlos

Tony Sperling

How right you are, I just completed my D/L (10 min), wonder how that figure
would look in the morning? Let's see if it'll burn too.

So, they do come as separate ISO's, that's specific to the Beta version,
then?

Thanks Carlos et Charlie!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, but given the time the download will take, you might as well start
> now.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Jane Colman wrote:
>> Yep, they are indeed what you think
>>
>> Only trouble is, we will still need cd keys and will have to wait for our
>> emails telling us that the CPP is available!!
>>
>>> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
>>> - (English x86)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>>> - (English x64)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>>> - (German (x86)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>>> - (German (x64)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>>> - (Japanese (x86)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>>> - (Japanese (x64)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>>> Carlos

Tony Sperling

It works - got the key, but the download was only 420.837 KB - there's
something fishy!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks to Zack Whittaker for this, to get your product key:
> http://www.windowsvista.com/getready/preview.mspx
>
> Select your location from the list (near the bottom), sign into Windows
> Live
> ID and then you'll receive your product key in your email inbox.
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
>> - (English x86)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>> - (English x64)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>> - (German (x86)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>> - (German (x64)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>> - (Japanese (x86)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>> - (Japanese (x64)
>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>> Carlos

John Barnes

If thats all you got in 10 min, you probably should order by mail. Faster
I am
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It works - got the key, but the download was only 420.837 KB - there's
> something fishy!
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks to Zack Whittaker for this, to get your product key:
>> http://www.windowsvista.com/getready/preview.mspx
>>
>> Select your location from the list (near the bottom), sign into Windows
>> Live
>> ID and then you'll receive your product key in your email inbox.
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
>>> - (English x86)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>>> - (English x64)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>>> - (German (x86)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>>> - (German (x64)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>>> - (Japanese (x86)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
>>> - (Japanese (x64)
>>> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
>>> Carlos

Administrator\\jhafele

You have to utilize a " download manager ". It has been a real snafu over
the past couple hours. I have attempted the download four (4) different
times and actually attained 17% on one attempt. Pop-up messages keep
appearing about different
problems during each download attempt and the file transfer fails. Looks
like a real bear until they straighten everything out.
Might be better off ordering the DVDs. They may come faster than the
download ! Cheers ... John.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It works - got the key, but the download was only 420.837 KB - there's
> something fishy!
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks to Zack Whittaker for this, to get your product key:
> > http://www.windowsvista.com/getready/preview.mspx
> >
> > Select your location from the list (near the bottom), sign into Windows
> > Live
> > ID and then you'll receive your product key in your email inbox.
> > --
> > --
> > Andre
> > Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
> >
> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Check these sites (are they what I think?):
> >> - (English x86)
> >> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> >> - (English x64)
> >> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> >> - (German (x86)
> >> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> >> - (German (x64)
> >> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> >> - (Japanese (x86)
> >> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...6/download.htm
> >> - (Japanese (x64)
> >> http://download.windowsvista.com/pre...4/download.htm
> >> Carlos

Tony Sperling

Well, I thought I'd check the 32bit download and that was only 310MB and
this is the size that is listed. I realize compression has come a long way
but that doesn't explain why they make us waste a DVD - heck, that would fit
on a USB flash drive. ?(:0o

Tony. . .

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> If thats all you got in 10 min, you probably should order by mail. Faster
> I am
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It works - got the key, but the download was only 420.837 KB - there's
>> something fishy!
>>

>> Tony. . .

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks to Zack Whittaker for this, to get your product key:
>>> http://www.windowsvista.com/getready/preview.mspx
>>>
>>> Select your location from the list (near the bottom), sign into Windows
>>> Live
>>> ID and then you'll receive your product key in your email inbox.
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>>>
>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Tony Sperling

Yes, thanks - I am running LeechGet and it is coming through but it has been
slow for the past hour, but it seems the size that land here is roughly the
same as the one that is sent (actual data + size on disk)

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...