Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Stardock ObjectDock - no taskbar icons?

Reply
Thread Tools

Stardock ObjectDock - no taskbar icons?

 
 
Noozer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
Anyone know why ObjectDock won't display the taskbar icons when installed in
Windows XP x64?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
Probably because originally it was written for OS/2. It was junk back then
so I am not at all surprised of its capability now.


"Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know why ObjectDock won't display the taskbar icons when installed
> in Windows XP x64?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Noozer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
So... what would you suggest to use to get the same functionality?


"George" <george23%@qol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Probably because originally it was written for OS/2. It was junk back then
> so I am not at all surprised of its capability now.
>
>
> "Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know why ObjectDock won't display the taskbar icons when installed
>> in Windows XP x64?
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
George wrote:
> Probably because originally it was written for OS/2. It was junk back then
> so I am not at all surprised of its capability now.


What would that have to do with it, assuming you are correct, and you
aren't, there never was an ObjectDock for OS/2? ObjectDock may be
largely useless (and I'll not disagree with you there), but where is the
relevance that something with a similar name was written for OS/2 ten
years ago? In particular, how does this help the OP?

Graham.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Senheiser
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-01-2006
"Assuming that he is correct but he isn't...." what a genius you are Graham.
Your thoughts are rather woolly old chap. Too much ale?

And no, something with a similar name was written for Windows. The first
distribution was for OS/2. Get it?

As far as helping the OP: I have many useful programs that run under XP32 as
intended however, under XP64 they flop. My suggestion is, if he wants to
keep playing with Object Doorstop to stick with XP32 and ditch XP64 until it
is supported. Assuming that you are correct but you are not

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uui$(E-Mail Removed)...
> George wrote:
>> Probably because originally it was written for OS/2. It was junk back
>> then so I am not at all surprised of its capability now.

>
> What would that have to do with it, assuming you are correct, and you
> aren't, there never was an ObjectDock for OS/2? ObjectDock may be largely
> useless (and I'll not disagree with you there), but where is the relevance
> that something with a similar name was written for OS/2 ten years ago? In
> particular, how does this help the OP?
>
> Graham.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-02-2006
Senheiser wrote:

> "Assuming that he is correct but he isn't...." what a genius you are Graham.
> Your thoughts are rather woolly old chap. Too much ale?


What is woolly about it? There was an ObjectDesktop for OS/2. There is
an ObjectDesktop for Windows. OP was asking about ObjectDock: that never
existed for OS/2. Isn't this clear enough?

> Assuming that you are correct but you are not


And that's where you are wrong! While "Dock" contains several letters
which match "Desktop", and in the same order to boot, they are, in fact
different words, and in these product names they don't refer to the same
thing, even on different systems.

Graham.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delphi 2007 + Themed support + WinXP64Pro + Side Taskbar = System Crash + Taskbar not working. Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 4 08-27-2007 02:17 PM
Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays. Charlie Evans Computer Support 4 05-31-2005 03:01 PM
No internet network icon on taskbar after SP2 update =?Utf-8?B?Zmx5Z2lybA==?= Wireless Networking 2 05-27-2005 01:32 PM
Need Help Removing Wireless Networking Taskbar Icon =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?= Wireless Networking 0 02-18-2005 08:32 PM
Strange taskbar behaviour (notification area) Falcon Wireless Networking 0 08-17-2004 09:03 AM



Advertisments