Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > In task manager user name only with own processes

In task manager user name only with own processes

Emanuel Clapasson

Hello!

Why does it come that with me (XPProx64SP1) in the task manager with
main user rights (with Admin not) only with the own processes and the
idle process the pertinent user name is indicated?
With another installation of me (XPProSP2) on another PC is not that
like that.
How can I change that again?

See screenshot: http://www.pokeblitz.ch/images/intern/taskmanprob.jpg

THX in advance

Emanuel

John Barnes

If I understand what you are asking, go to view and select columns

"Emanuel Clapasson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello!
>
> Why does it come that with me (XPProx64SP1) in the task manager with
> main user rights (with Admin not) only with the own processes and the
> idle process the pertinent user name is indicated?
> With another installation of me (XPProSP2) on another PC is not that
> like that.
> How can I change that again?
>
> See screenshot: http://www.pokeblitz.ch/images/intern/taskmanprob.jpg
>
> THX in advance
>
> Emanuel

Emanuel Clapasson

Yes, you have understand. But see the screenshot: I have the
username-column already selected, but windows shows only by my
processes the username.

Rick

Your are right that something is amiss, but I don't know what. I guess
you could try running <sfc /scannow> or do a Repair install of your Win x64.

On my systems the Task Manager in both x86 and x64 show 'User Name' of
all the processes.

Emanuel Clapasson wrote:
> Yes, you have understand. But see the screenshot: I have the
> username-column already selected, but windows shows only by my
> processes the username.

"Emanuel Clapasson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > Hello!
> >
> > Why does it come that with me (XPProx64SP1) in the task manager with
> > main user rights (with Admin not) only with the own processes and the
> > idle process the pertinent user name is indicated?
> > With another installation of me (XPProSP2) on another PC is not that
> > like that.
> > How can I change that again?
> >
> > See screenshot: http://www.pokeblitz.ch/images/intern/taskmanprob.jpg
> >
> > THX in advance
> >
> > Emanuel

Emanuel Clapasson

> On my systems the Task Manager in both x86 and x64 show 'User Name' of
> all the processes.

Also as restricted user, not Admin?

Jane Colman

The user shown is the one that is currently logged onto the computer at the
time.

Tick the box marked "Prozesse aller Benutzer anzeigen" to show the processes
for all users logged onto the computer.

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.