Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Premature Piece of Garbage

Premature Piece of Garbage

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I also have two x64 machines working flawlessly.
Dennis is not alone.
All in this Discussion Group are proof that x64 exists and works.
Carlos

"Marshalx" wrote:

> Dennis wrote:
> >Andre: I agree with you fully about research.

> ***lick lick, we are the superior race, those others just dont
> understand.
>
> >My original x64 working flawlessly
> >My current x64 is functioning flawlessly
> >both laptops and two towers functioning FULLY

> ***my my Dennis, what a "flawless" life u lead !!
> are you just lucky, or perhaps so much more intelligent
> and REALLY know what research is !
>
> i bet you are a christian with a PhD, and have the benevolence of a
>
> PERFECT big daddy in the sky looking after u ?

Jane Colman

Count me in as another member of the working flawlessly group

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I also have two x64 machines working flawlessly.
> Dennis is not alone.
> All in this Discussion Group are proof that x64 exists and works.
> Carlos
>
> "Marshalx" wrote:
>

>> Dennis wrote:
>> >Andre: I agree with you fully about research.

>> ***lick lick, we are the superior race, those others just dont
>> understand.
>>
>> >My original x64 working flawlessly
>> >My current x64 is functioning flawlessly
>> >both laptops and two towers functioning FULLY

>> ***my my Dennis, what a "flawless" life u lead !!
>> are you just lucky, or perhaps so much more intelligent
>> and REALLY know what research is !
>>
>> i bet you are a christian with a PhD, and have the benevolence of a
>>
>> PERFECT big daddy in the sky looking after u ?

Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, O2007B2

Carlos and Jane:

Thank you for the reassurance that I have a working system.
Professionally I fight cynicism continually because all I see are problems,
I don't see or hear about the ones that are problem free. Newsgroups are the
same because many are trying to solve problems with the help of others.

"Jane Colman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Count me in as another member of the working flawlessly group
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I also have two x64 machines working flawlessly.
>> Dennis is not alone.
>> All in this Discussion Group are proof that x64 exists and works.
>> Carlos

>>> ***lick lick, we are the superior race, those others just dont
>>> understand.

>>> ***my my Dennis, what a "flawless" life u lead !!
>>> are you just lucky, or perhaps so much more intelligent
>>> and REALLY know what research is !
>>>
>>> i bet you are a christian with a PhD, and have the benevolence of a
>>>
>>> PERFECT big daddy in the sky looking after u ?

=?Utf-8?B?bG92aW5nIHhwIDY0IDop?=

"Jane Colman" wrote:
you can add me to the list of working x64 installations in comparison to xp
where I had to install all my drivers I was amazed to find the only driver I
neede to update was my geforce 6200 every other driver including my wireless
worked instantly and I was up and runnig and connectted to the net in thrity
minutes

> Count me in as another member of the working flawlessly group
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I also have two x64 machines working flawlessly.
> > Dennis is not alone.
> > All in this Discussion Group are proof that x64 exists and works.
> > Carlos

> >> ***lick lick, we are the superior race, those others just dont
> >> understand.

> >> ***my my Dennis, what a "flawless" life u lead !!
> >> are you just lucky, or perhaps so much more intelligent
> >> and REALLY know what research is !
> >>
> >> i bet you are a christian with a PhD, and have the benevolence of a
> >>
> >> PERFECT big daddy in the sky looking after u ?

Tony Sperling

You've probably noticed that 'most' people, when you give them a task they
see the problem.
Few people, when you confront them with a problem, can see the task!

Funny thing though, I've noticed that often they are the same people -
solution: hand out problems, not tasks!

Tony. . .

"Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, O2007B2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carlos and Jane:
>
> Thank you for the reassurance that I have a working system.
> Professionally I fight cynicism continually because all I see are
> problems, I don't see or hear about the ones that are problem free.
> Newsgroups are the same because many are trying to solve problems with the
> help of others.
>

> "Jane Colman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Count me in as another member of the working flawlessly group
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I also have two x64 machines working flawlessly.
>>> Dennis is not alone.
>>> All in this Discussion Group are proof that x64 exists and works.
>>> Carlos

Colin Barnhorst

It IS XP. An alternative XP to the 32-bit one.

"Marshalx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> yes i like that phrase i just saw someone use !!
> i bought an Acer 64bit laptop, thinking it safer to let them sort out
> integration problems,
> since id already tried 9 versions of Linux crap, and didnt want to
> waste any more time
> on supposedly "powerful" avant-garde junk. i was immediately struck
> by the whole system being much SLOWER than other 32bit ones; try
> Defrag !!! stupid thing takes hours.
> They are all Premature, and im quite sure YOU DONT >NEED< THEM,
> stick with XP
> and just tune that to its best, then u can shut this group down and
> wait for the next
> HUGE bunch of complaints about Vista XP might suffice for
> another 5 years at least.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

If you are using Windows x64 on your PC, you either did the research, know
that you need it and you know what you are doing or you either an
enthusiast.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, O2007B2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:uxb%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre:
>
> I agree with you fully about research. My original x64
> laptop, Compac R3000z, is currently on campus with my son working
> flawlessly except for the modem drivers that he doesn't use. My current
> x64 laptop, Compac V2300cto is functioning flawlessly except for the
> Bluetooth drivers that I don't use. As of the last time that I checked HP
> still doesn't have the drivers. Research, Planetamd64 and newsgroups have
> been the tools needed to have both laptops and two 4400x2 towers
> functioning fully with x64. I can't afford a Ferrari.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Didn't do the research huh?
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Marshalx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> yes i like that phrase i just saw someone use !!
>>> i bought an Acer 64bit laptop, thinking it safer to let them sort out
>>> integration problems,
>>> since id already tried 9 versions of Linux crap, and didnt want to
>>> waste any more time
>>> on supposedly "powerful" avant-garde junk. i was immediately struck
>>> by the whole system being much SLOWER than other 32bit ones; try
>>> Defrag !!! stupid thing takes hours.
>>> They are all Premature, and im quite sure YOU DONT >NEED< THEM,
>>> stick with XP
>>> and just tune that to its best, then u can shut this group down and
>>> wait for the next
>>> HUGE bunch of complaints about Vista XP might suffice for
>>> another 5 years at least.

=?Utf-8?B?Sk1C?=

And I, for one, would like to thank the regular posters to this NG. The OP
doesn't seem to think this NG is necessary, however, I've seen numerous posts
stating the need to research before buying to make sure XP64 is for them and
that all drivers are available. It was those cautions that helped me put
together a trouble free (in fact, the most stable computer I've ever used) 64
bit system (which I've had over a year now).

The only lesson I see for anyone reading this post is that the "buy and try"
approach can cost you.

"Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, O2007B2" wrote:

> Carlos and Jane:
>
> Thank you for the reassurance that I have a working system.
> Professionally I fight cynicism continually because all I see are problems,
> I don't see or hear about the ones that are problem free. Newsgroups are the
> same because many are trying to solve problems with the help of others.
>

> "Jane Colman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Count me in as another member of the working flawlessly group
> >
> > --
> > Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
> > Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I also have two x64 machines working flawlessly.
> >> Dennis is not alone.
> >> All in this Discussion Group are proof that x64 exists and works.
> >> Carlos

Larry Hodges

I have to admit, this is a great troll. My compliments.

"Marshalx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> yes i like that phrase i just saw someone use !!
> i bought an Acer 64bit laptop, thinking it safer to let them sort out
> integration problems,
> since id already tried 9 versions of Linux crap, and didnt want to
> waste any more time
> on supposedly "powerful" avant-garde junk. i was immediately struck
> by the whole system being much SLOWER than other 32bit ones; try
> Defrag !!! stupid thing takes hours.
> They are all Premature, and im quite sure YOU DONT >NEED< THEM,
> stick with XP
> and just tune that to its best, then u can shut this group down and
> wait for the next
> HUGE bunch of complaints about Vista XP might suffice for
> another 5 years at least.

Marshalx

***ok Dennis, i accept your sincerity sorry for suggesting u
sounded a bit like
those xtian half-wits whose Leader just murdered another 6000
indonesians
- that subject tends to get me aggitated. We had some knock our
door the
other day, but they were soon scurrying off down the street
clutching their
popes book-of-**** and looking horrified at having met the
anti-christ !!

NOW, getting back to win64, there is some mis-understanding : i
did NOT say
it was "unstable", and obviously Carlos it "exists and works";
i merely said it
runs (on my machine) markedly SLOWER than my others, AND the
utility
Defrag is a joke - taking hours, and seeming to do nothing for the
first one.
since defrag is primarily a function of the OS and HD, and the
latter shows no
other problems, i assume something wrong with win64.

By your own admission "driver support is slow to non-existent", so
i ask you then
JUST WHY you jumped to its defence !?? have u some NEED for
64bit files ?
huge database or something ? Probably (like me), you were
attracted to the idea
that 64bit is the "latest and greatest" so lets try it out.
well i have used Acer64
quite a lot, and it does "work" and has not crashed, but beyond
that it gives NO feeling
of being "better" in any way WHATSOEVER. worse than that, since
very few other
external devices will run on it, nor are likely to in the next
year,
we SHOULD be asking ourselves "whats the point in bothering with
it then" ?

Lets get back to XP, tune it up to run nicely, and leave MS to
fiddle with 64 a couple
more years, THEN they may have got it sorted. We dont "need"
such a premature /
sluggish / pog now DO we ? no more than we "need" any of its
Linux equivalent pogs.
Give them all 2 more years and then get the best of whatever
Linux emerge, and join
1.4 billion happy chinamen who dont pay gates a penny

Actually now i think of it, maybe we should worship gates as the
TRUE "son-of-god" ?
since god obviously Favours him (financially) above all men on
earth, AND it is also true
that mr.Gates has been (and is planning to continue) being the
most Charitable
Humanitarian in the recorded history of this Planet of Suffering.
he has already shipped
umpteen million $ of drugs to combat diseases in the third world,
and has thereby
PROPERLY "saved" many million humans who would otherwise have died
years ago.
so compare that with the few half-dead tramps that jesus picked up
off the street,
and you can easily see what i mean. Neither did gates fill his
recipients heads with
Paulian garbage AFTER hed saved them; instead he gave them a
copy of wonderful
XP to play with as they recovered, so indeed is he not the TRUE
son-of-god ?

Have you Dennis got any Benchmarks on your machines to show 64 is
running any
"better" /faster /more "powerfully" ? and that you NEED it
(not just decided to TRY it) ?
lets ask that question of ALL users who read this thread. <<<

then maybe MS will also read and start answering the question
themselves. WHY
are they not encouraging more peripheral manufacturers to get on
with the drivers ?
give them some incentive - OR, are MS *deliberately* not
bothering since they plan
to concentrate on Vista - just like the driver manufacturers are
waiting ?
since buying 64 about a year ago, ive only noticed about 3
updates arrive !!
yet on XP they keep turning up every week. so what does that
mean ?