Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DVD-RAM not being ID

DVD-RAM not being ID

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=

What would keep Win 64 from detecting a DVD/CD DVD-RAM function only allow
CD-RW functions.
ID Drive correctly:Matshita DVD_RAM SW-9574S
But, will not allow writing to it.
Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.

Roger

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

No version of Windows will write to a DVD... you need third party DVD
burning software... Roxio and Nero are the most frequently used
applications.

And Windows Home, Pro, Tablet and MCE are exactly the same... !
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would keep Win 64 from detecting a DVD/CD DVD-RAM function only allow
> CD-RW functions.
> ID Drive correctly:Matshita DVD_RAM SW-9574S
> But, will not allow writing to it.
> Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
> Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.
>
> Roger

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=

Thanks Cari, now that you siad it, I remember there is software on my old
system, but it does not show as the driver. Drivers is still microsoft, but
its some thing you never use by name or all up. I use nero, but it would
save driver not installed. Where on the old system I could work with the
DVD-RAM just like a Floppy, but I had forgot about the manufactures software
which is also called a driver, but does not show in device manager as the
drives driver. Most some type of interrpeter that sets between OS and driver.

Thanks for the reply, it was the filing I needed to remember the
manufactures software. Works fine now, was suppised to discover they had a
64-bit version.

Roger

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> No version of Windows will write to a DVD... you need third party DVD
> burning software... Roxio and Nero are the most frequently used
> applications.
>
> And Windows Home, Pro, Tablet and MCE are exactly the same... !
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What would keep Win 64 from detecting a DVD/CD DVD-RAM function only allow
> > CD-RW functions.
> > ID Drive correctly:Matshita DVD_RAM SW-9574S
> > But, will not allow writing to it.
> > Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
> > Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.
> >
> > Roger

Tony Sperling

Ah, it would seem that you are talking about the InCD Packet writing
software - I am sorry but this does not work at all at the moment in XP x64.
If you are having problems after trying to install this, I would recommend
you to un-install anything that references the drive - Nero and drivers and
remove the device from 'device-manager', then re-boot and let Windows
install the basic drivers and then re-install the basic Nero functions and
you should have full use of your drive - except, no floppy-like functions!

It is true, Nero has some driver-like things inside and they will not show
up in Device Manager.

Tony. . .

"RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Cari, now that you siad it, I remember there is software on my old
> system, but it does not show as the driver. Drivers is still microsoft,
> but
> its some thing you never use by name or all up. I use nero, but it would
> save driver not installed. Where on the old system I could work with the
> DVD-RAM just like a Floppy, but I had forgot about the manufactures
> software
> which is also called a driver, but does not show in device manager as the
> drives driver. Most some type of interrpeter that sets between OS and
> driver.
>
> Thanks for the reply, it was the filing I needed to remember the
> manufactures software. Works fine now, was suppised to discover they had
> 64-bit version.
>
> Roger
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> No version of Windows will write to a DVD... you need third party DVD
>> burning software... Roxio and Nero are the most frequently used
>> applications.
>>
>> And Windows Home, Pro, Tablet and MCE are exactly the same... !
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>

>> "RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > What would keep Win 64 from detecting a DVD/CD DVD-RAM function only
>> > allow
>> > CD-RW functions.
>> > ID Drive correctly:Matshita DVD_RAM SW-9574S
>> > But, will not allow writing to it.
>> > Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
>> > Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.
>> >
>> > Roger

churin

If Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator is installed, then DVD-RAM can be used a
la floppy disk: Using Windows Explorer one can copy and paste files and
folders on DVD-RAM and it can be ejected by just pressing the Eject button.

Tony Sperling wrote:
> Ah, it would seem that you are talking about the InCD Packet writing
> software - I am sorry but this does not work at all at the moment in XP x64.
> If you are having problems after trying to install this, I would recommend
> you to un-install anything that references the drive - Nero and drivers and
> remove the device from 'device-manager', then re-boot and let Windows
> install the basic drivers and then re-install the basic Nero functions and
> you should have full use of your drive - except, no floppy-like functions!
>
> It is true, Nero has some driver-like things inside and they will not show
> up in Device Manager.
>
> Tony. . .
>

> "RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Thanks Cari, now that you siad it, I remember there is software on my old
>>system, but it does not show as the driver. Drivers is still microsoft,
>>but
>>its some thing you never use by name or all up. I use nero, but it would
>>save driver not installed. Where on the old system I could work with the
>>DVD-RAM just like a Floppy, but I had forgot about the manufactures
>>software
>>which is also called a driver, but does not show in device manager as the
>>drives driver. Most some type of interrpeter that sets between OS and
>>driver.
>>
>>Thanks for the reply, it was the filing I needed to remember the
>>manufactures software. Works fine now, was suppised to discover they had
>>64-bit version.
>>
>>Roger
>>
>>"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>

>>>No version of Windows will write to a DVD... you need third party DVD
>>>burning software... Roxio and Nero are the most frequently used
>>>applications.
>>>
>>>And Windows Home, Pro, Tablet and MCE are exactly the same... !
>>>--
>>>Cari (MS-MVP)
>>>Printing & Imaging
>>>http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>>

>>>"RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Yes, make sure it is version 8 or newer.

"churin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator is installed, then DVD-RAM can be used a la
> floppy disk: Using Windows Explorer one can copy and paste files and
> folders on DVD-RAM and it can be ejected by just pressing the Eject
> button.
>
> Tony Sperling wrote:
>> Ah, it would seem that you are talking about the InCD Packet writing
>> software - I am sorry but this does not work at all at the moment in XP
>> x64. If you are having problems after trying to install this, I would
>> recommend you to un-install anything that references the drive - Nero and
>> drivers and remove the device from 'device-manager', then re-boot and let
>> Windows install the basic drivers and then re-install the basic Nero
>> functions and you should have full use of your drive - except, no
>> floppy-like functions!
>>
>> It is true, Nero has some driver-like things inside and they will not
>> show up in Device Manager.
>>
>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "RogerP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Thanks Cari, now that you siad it, I remember there is software on my old
>>>system, but it does not show as the driver. Drivers is still microsoft,
>>>but
>>>its some thing you never use by name or all up. I use nero, but it
>>>would
>>>save driver not installed. Where on the old system I could work with the
>>>DVD-RAM just like a Floppy, but I had forgot about the manufactures
>>>software
>>>which is also called a driver, but does not show in device manager as the
>>>drives driver. Most some type of interrpeter that sets between OS and
>>>driver.
>>>
>>>Thanks for the reply, it was the filing I needed to remember the
>>>manufactures software. Works fine now, was suppised to discover they had
>>>64-bit version.
>>>
>>>Roger

LDJ

Hello RogerP!

RogerP wrote:
> What would keep Win 64 from detecting a DVD/CD DVD-RAM function only allow
> CD-RW functions.
> ID Drive correctly:Matshita DVD_RAM SW-9574S
> But, will not allow writing to it.
> Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
> Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.
>
> Roger

Maybe you can use this driver:

Panasonic & LG DVD-RAM x64 Driver

DVD-RAM Driver Software for Windows XP x64 Edition:

Drives Supported:

MATSHITA(Panasonic)
For DVD Multi drive models:

SW-9571,SW-9572,SW-9573
SW-9574,SW-9581,SW-9582
SW-9583,SW-9584,SW-9585
UJ-815, UJ-825, UJ-835
UJ-845, UJ-846

For LG Electronic's drives:
HL-DT-ST:
GMA-4020B, GMA-4080N, GSA-4040B,
GSA-4080B, GSA-4081B, GSA-4082B,
GSA-4120B, GSA-4160B, GSA-4163B, GSA-4167B

You can download the driver here:

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=758

In order to download the driver, you You will have to register on
PlanetAMD64. It doesn't hurt, and cost nothing.

--
Kind Regards
LDJ

Colin Barnhorst