Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Printing

Printing

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlkYW4=?=

According to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902066 I need a new version of
Splwow64.exe. (version 5.2.3790.2463 for XP Pro x64).
Does anyone know how to obtain a copy?
Could someone email it to me>

Rick

It tells you right on the page how to get the file:

RESOLUTION
Hotfix information
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only
intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only
apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This
hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not
severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the
next Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Microsoft Windows XP service pack
that contains this hotfix.

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support
Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product
Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs,
visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

Sheridan wrote:
> According to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902066 I need a new version of
> Splwow64.exe. (version 5.2.3790.2463 for XP Pro x64).
> Does anyone know how to obtain a copy?
> Could someone email it to me>

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlkYW4=?=

Sorry Rick, but when I phoned Microsoft's help line they said it would cost
me £169 to provide the new file - I'm sure this can't be true and the lady I
spoke to was not really clear what I was talking about!
--
Sheridan

Charlie Russel - MVP

If your problem is caused by a bug, MS will waive the support fee. But
you'll still get prompted on the way in.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64