Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 3 problems(USB,Battery,e-mail)

3 problems(USB,Battery,e-mail)

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=

The following problems relate to a Toshiba laptop computer.

PROBLEM 1: When I try to send an e-mail, the following message comes up: "
WINDOWS INSTALLER,
The function that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
not available. Click on O.K. to try again or type in the box below an
alternate route to a folder that contains the install package PRJPROE:MSI" I
click on the button with the red X, and the message appears again. After 3
clicks and 3 messages , I can finally send the e-mail.

PROBLEM 2: I have a cable modem connected to one of the 3 USB ports of the
laptop(the laptop has 2 USB in rear, and 1 USB on the side). Recently, the
USB port connected to the cable modem, stopped functioning. Now in the device
administrator, it appears as an unknown device. The other two USB are
working fine for the moment.

PROBLEM 3: When I try to turn on the computer with the battery power alone,
it cannot be turned on. I have to connect the computer to the direct
current, to turn it on. After that, I disconnect it from the current and it
works fine. The computer battery is fully charged when I want to turn it on
using the battery power alone.

I would appreciate any help on these three problems. Thanks.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Tom Kellerman" <Tom http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The following problems relate to a Toshiba laptop computer.
>

> PROBLEM 1: When I try to send an e-mail, the following message comes up:
> "
> WINDOWS INSTALLER,
> The function that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> not available. Click on O.K. to try again or type in the box below an
> alternate route to a folder that contains the install package PRJPROE:MSI"
> click on the button with the red X, and the message appears again. After
> 3
> clicks and 3 messages , I can finally send the e-mail.
>

> PROBLEM 2: I have a cable modem connected to one of the 3 USB ports of the
> laptop(the laptop has 2 USB in rear, and 1 USB on the side). Recently,
> the
> USB port connected to the cable modem, stopped functioning. Now in the
> device
> administrator, it appears as an unknown device. The other two USB are
> working fine for the moment.
>
> PROBLEM 3: When I try to turn on the computer with the battery power
> alone,
> it cannot be turned on. I have to connect the computer to the direct
> current, to turn it on. After that, I disconnect it from the current and
> it
> works fine. The computer battery is fully charged when I want to turn it
> on
> using the battery power alone.
>
> I would appreciate any help on these three problems. Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=

PROBLEM 1: Computer not connected to a network. Just a cablemodem at home.

PROBLEM 2: Did all that, it detects it, but as an unknown device.

PROBLEM 3: I will contact Toshiba.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> [...]

> > laptop(the laptop has 2 USB in rear, and 1 USB on the side). Recently,
> > the
> > USB port connected to the cable modem, stopped functioning. Now in the
> > device
> > administrator, it appears as an unknown device. The other two USB are
> > working fine for the moment.
> >
> > PROBLEM 3: When I try to turn on the computer with the battery power
> > alone,
> > it cannot be turned on. I have to connect the computer to the direct
> > current, to turn it on. After that, I disconnect it from the current and
> > it
> > works fine. The computer battery is fully charged when I want to turn it
> > on
> > using the battery power alone.
> >
> > I would appreciate any help on these three problems. Thanks.

1. For Project, if you have the CD, just do a repair install, open Control
Panel > Ad/Remove Programs > Microsoft Project > Change > select "Repair" >
(check "restore shortcuts") > OK

2. Sounds like an issue you need to also discuss with Toshiba.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Tom Kellerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

>> > the
>> > USB port connected to the cable modem, stopped functioning. Now in the
>> > device
>> > administrator, it appears as an unknown device. The other two USB are
>> > working fine for the moment.
>> >
>> > PROBLEM 3: When I try to turn on the computer with the battery power
>> > alone,
>> > it cannot be turned on. I have to connect the computer to the direct
>> > current, to turn it on. After that, I disconnect it from the current
>> > and
>> > it
>> > works fine. The computer battery is fully charged when I want to turn
>> > it
>> > on
>> > using the battery power alone.
>> >
>> > I would appreciate any help on these three problems. Thanks.

PROBLEM 1: I try to do it and it says "the origin of installation for this
product is not available. Check to see if the origin exists and if you have
access to it".

PROBLEM 2: I will contact Toshiba

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> 1. For Project, if you have the CD, just do a repair install, open Control
> Panel > Ad/Remove Programs > Microsoft Project > Change > select "Repair" >
> (check "restore shortcuts") > OK
>
> 2. Sounds like an issue you need to also discuss with Toshiba.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "Tom Kellerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > PROBLEM 1: Computer not connected to a network. Just a cablemodem at home.
> >
> > PROBLEM 2: Did all that, it detects it, but as an unknown device.
> >
> > PROBLEM 3: I will contact Toshiba.
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> >> The following problems relate to a Toshiba laptop computer.
> >>

> >> PROBLEM 1: When I try to send an e-mail, the following message comes up:
> >> "
> >> WINDOWS INSTALLER,
> >> The function that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> >> not available. Click on O.K. to try again or type in the box below an
> >> alternate route to a folder that contains the install package
> >> PRJPROE:MSI" I
> >> click on the button with the red X, and the message appears again. After
> >> 3
> >> clicks and 3 messages , I can finally send the e-mail.
> >>
> >> PROBLEM 2: I have a cable modem connected to one of the 3 USB ports of
> >> the
> >> laptop(the laptop has 2 USB in rear, and 1 USB on the side). Recently,
> >> the
> >> USB port connected to the cable modem, stopped functioning. Now in the
> >> device
> >> administrator, it appears as an unknown device. The other two USB are
> >> working fine for the moment.
> >>
> >> PROBLEM 3: When I try to turn on the computer with the battery power
> >> alone,
> >> it cannot be turned on. I have to connect the computer to the direct
> >> current, to turn it on. After that, I disconnect it from the current and
> >> it
> >> works fine. The computer battery is fully charged when I want to turn it
> >> on
> >> using the battery power alone.
> >>
> >> I would appreciate any help on these three problems. Thanks.
> >> --
> >> Andre
> >> "Tom Kellerman" <Tom (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You might want to post the Project issue to:
microsoft.public.project
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Tom Kellerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PROBLEM 1: I try to do it and it says "the origin of installation for this
> product is not available. Check to see if the origin exists and if you
> have
> access to it".
>

> PROBLEM 2: I will contact Toshiba
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> 1. For Project, if you have the CD, just do a repair install, open
>> Control
>> Panel > Ad/Remove Programs > Microsoft Project > Change > select "Repair"
>> >

>> (check "restore shortcuts") > OK
>>
>> 2. Sounds like an issue you need to also discuss with Toshiba.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "Tom Kellerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > PROBLEM 1: Computer not connected to a network. Just a cablemodem at
>> > home.
>> >
>> > PROBLEM 2: Did all that, it detects it, but as an unknown device.
>> >
>> > PROBLEM 3: I will contact Toshiba.

John Barnes

Did this problem (1) start after you installed a new program? I have seen
a number of programs cause strange, unrelated windows installer popups. For
instance when I installed Roxio 8, when I would try to send an email, one
would pop up, when I tried to change a font in Word, another would pop up.
Uninstalled Roxio and both went away. A friend had a similar problem with
Google Earth.

"Tom Kellerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PROBLEM 1: I try to do it and it says "the origin of installation for this
> product is not available. Check to see if the origin exists and if you
> have
> access to it".
>

> PROBLEM 2: I will contact Toshiba
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> 1. For Project, if you have the CD, just do a repair install, open
>> Control
>> Panel > Ad/Remove Programs > Microsoft Project > Change > select "Repair"
>> >

>> (check "restore shortcuts") > OK
>>
>> 2. Sounds like an issue you need to also discuss with Toshiba.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "Tom Kellerman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > PROBLEM 1: Computer not connected to a network. Just a cablemodem at
>> > home.
>> >
>> > PROBLEM 2: Did all that, it detects it, but as an unknown device.
>> >
>> > PROBLEM 3: I will contact Toshiba.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=

No, apparently there was a mix up with the registry file.