Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > foreign language accent marks

foreign language accent marks

=?Utf-8?B?cm1zb21tZXI=?=

I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to find
or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

John Barnes

hit the key to the right of the p key, the next letter key you hit will have
the accent mark over it.

"rmsommer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to
> find
> or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Thanks, John.
On behalf of the Spanish speaking community!
We love accents, and funny letters like "ñ"
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> hit the key to the right of the p key, the next letter key you hit will have
> the accent mark over it. é
>

> "rmsommer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to
> > find
> > or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?cm1zb21tZXI=?=

Hi Carlos....

How do I do the tilda?

Ron

"Carlos" wrote:

> Thanks, John.
> On behalf of the Spanish speaking community!
> We love accents, and funny letters like "ñ"
> Carlos
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > hit the key to the right of the p key, the next letter key you hit will have
> > the accent mark over it. é
> >

> > "rmsommer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to
> > > find
> > > or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?cm1zb21tZXI=?=

Thank you....that gives me one of the marks....do you know how I do a tilda ~
over a vowel?

"rmsommer" wrote:

> I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to find
> or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1bXB5?=

Type "accent marks" in MS Word Help and you get all of the keyboard shortcuts
for using a number of different accent marks.
--
Stumpy

"rmsommer" wrote:

> I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to find
> or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

John Barnes

The key to the right of the L
"rmsommer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you....that gives me one of the marks....do you know how I do a
> tilda ~
> over a vowel?
>
> "rmsommer" wrote:
>
>> I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to
>> find
>> or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

Tony Sperling

There once was a freeware 'visible keyboard' that reacted to the keyboard
layout applet in the system tray - anyone know if it is still out there?

You often see it or it's cousin in Linux, so I assume someone must be
maintaining it.

Tony. . .

"Stumpy" <(E-Mail Removed).(donotspam)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Type "accent marks" in MS Word Help and you get all of the keyboard
> shortcuts
> for using a number of different accent marks.
> --
> Stumpy
>

> "rmsommer" wrote:
>
>> I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to
>> find
>> or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Also the good old "charmap" program can be quite useful here.
Carlos

"Stumpy" wrote:

> Type "accent marks" in MS Word Help and you get all of the keyboard shortcuts
> for using a number of different accent marks.
> --
> Stumpy
>

> "rmsommer" wrote:
>
> > I've just installed spanish language keyboard. But I don't know how to find
> > or use the accent marks. Anyone know how? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Ron:
The "tilde" is not used in Spanish for vowels.
It works only with the "n" for making the "ñ".
The other tricky one is for typing "ü" as in the Spanish word "ungüento"
(ointment).
First type the ¨ and afterwards the letter "u"
When I need the "tilde" I just do Alt 126
Using the windows app charmap (Start, Run, charmap <ENTER>) gives you also
to many keyboards shortcuts.
Carlos