Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Tony Sperling

Well, last time I visited the site there was a load of separate files to
download and install, not all of which would be mandatory, but most would be
nice in a first time installation, but it is not the biggest problem since
they refuse to install if the basic driver isn't installed. Don't know how
they would react, though, if you had an installation go wrong or you wanted
to re-install for any reason.

Tony. . .

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since they are in an install package, how can you select the sequence to
> install them?
>
> http://us.creative.com/support/downl....exe&x=30&y=14
>
> The current driver is dated 24 Jan 06. How much more current support do
> you want?
>
> palladia wrote:
>> What's the sequence?
>>
>> I finally heard back from Creative Labs, and those #@!^$ refuses to
>> help me, claiming that my card is over 12 months old, and therefore no
>> technical support!
>>
>> Any other decent soundcard that works under x64?
>>
>> Tony Sperling Wrote:
>>> Now it's been a while, but as I remember, those drivers need to be
>>> installed
>>> in a certain sequence, right?
>>>

>>> Tony. . .
>>>

>>> "palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> no

>>> completely
>>> shuts

>>> isn't
>>> if

>>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
>>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

John Barnes

Just curious. Do you get sound from the motherboard built-in sound.

"palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> What's the sequence?
>
> I finally heard back from Creative Labs, and those #@!^$ refuses to
> help me, claiming that my card is over 12 months old, and therefore no
> technical support!
>
> Any other decent soundcard that works under x64?
>
> Tony Sperling Wrote:
>> Now it's been a while, but as I remember, those drivers need to be
>> installed
>> in a certain sequence, right?
>>

>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > I have the latest driver. Thanks.

>> no

>> completely

>> shuts

>> isn't

>> if
>> >> >

>> > --
>> > palladia

>> > palladia's Profile:

>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
>> > View this thread:

>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106
>> >

> --
> palladia
> palladia's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

palladia

Onboard sound is disabled in the BIOS. Because I have a soundcard, I
never bothered to hook up the onboard sound connection anyway.

John Barnes Wrote:
> Just curious. Do you get sound from the motherboard built-in sound.
>

> "palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > What's the sequence?
> >
> > I finally heard back from Creative Labs, and those #@!^$ refuses to
> > help me, claiming that my card is over 12 months old, and therefore

> no
> > technical support!
> >
> > Any other decent soundcard that works under x64?
> >
> > Tony Sperling Wrote:
> >> Now it's been a while, but as I remember, those drivers need to be
> >> installed
> >> in a certain sequence, right?
> >>

> >> Tony. . .
> >>

> >> "palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >> message
> >> news(E-Mail Removed)...

> x64

> and
> >> no

> still.

> or
> >> completely
> >> shuts

> properties,

> >> isn't

> see
> >> if

> >> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
> >> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106
> >> >

> > --
> > palladia

> > palladia's Profile:

> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
> > View this thread:

> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

--
palladia
palladia's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

John Barnes

Why don't you try the onboard sound, since the Creative board runs on
everybody else's system.

"palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Onboard sound is disabled in the BIOS. Because I have a soundcard, I
> never bothered to hook up the onboard sound connection anyway.
>
> John Barnes Wrote:
>> Just curious. Do you get sound from the motherboard built-in sound.
>>

>> "palladia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > What's the sequence?
>> >
>> > I finally heard back from Creative Labs, and those #@!^$ refuses to
>> > help me, claiming that my card is over 12 months old, and therefore

>> no
>> > technical support!
>> >
>> > Any other decent soundcard that works under x64?

>> x64

>> and

>> still.

>> or

>> properties,

>> see

>> > --
>> > palladia

>> > palladia's Profile:

>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
>> > View this thread:

>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106
>> >

> --
> palladia
> palladia's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

Noozer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why don't you try the onboard sound, since the Creative board runs on
> everybody else's system.

Bawahahahahahaa....

Creative runs on everyone else's system.... You're kidding, right?

John Barnes

Every one else who responded. I may not be a big enthusiast for Creative,
but have never had problems getting them to install and work. Some of the
utilities have been good, others ?? x64 has a poor selection available.
Guess you have no suggestions as requested by the poster.

"Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Why don't you try the onboard sound, since the Creative board runs on
>> everybody else's system.

> Bawahahahahahaa....
>
> Creative runs on everyone else's system.... You're kidding, right?

Tony Sperling

You said in the beginning that you used to get sound out of that card, was
that the same system? Motherboard and all?

Tony. . .

palladia

Hardware is the same.

--
palladia
palladia's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhZFpvbWJpZQ==?=

What I did, was install the x64 Drivers, then the x64 audio console.. after
that ( x64 audio console stinks) then I installed all the media updates. then
I went and put the 32 bit CD in, and did a custon install of everything
(programs), except the drivers. rebooted and it's worked just fine for me
after that, plus I get my surround mixer and all the other consoles.. hope
this kinda helps you along. I dodn't have the platinum, but it should work
the same way, I would imagine.

"palladia" wrote:

> Hardware is the same.
>
> Tony Sperling Wrote:
> > You said in the beginning that you used to get sound out of that card,
> > was
> > that the same system? Motherboard and all?
> >

> > Tony. . .

> --
> palladia
> palladia's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2051
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25106

Tony Sperling

Yes, this is good - I did the same with my HP PSC and that worked fine as
well. Wonder why I never thought of that in this instance?

Thanks!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...