Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > iexporer.exe error

iexporer.exe error

=?Utf-8?B?SmltU21pdGgxOTYy?=

After running XP pro x64 for about * days without any problems, I recieved
this error last night. After doing some checking around it appears my temp.
internet files was overloaded, (I had it set for 77mb) but it was way over
that limit. I cleaned my temp files and the error is gone. Is this an issue
with x64? I've installed ALL updates on day one.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice, Jim

Rick

I have had the same thing happen in Win XP Pro 32-bit so I don't think
it's peculiar to x64.

JimSmith1962 wrote:
> After running XP pro x64 for about * days without any problems, I recieved
> this error last night. After doing some checking around it appears my temp.
> internet files was overloaded, (I had it set for 77mb) but it was way over
> that limit. I cleaned my temp files and the error is gone. Is this an issue
> with x64? I've installed ALL updates on day one.
>
> Thanks in advance for all help and advice, Jim

=?Utf-8?B?SmltU21pdGgxOTYy?=

Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?

"Rick" wrote:

> I have had the same thing happen in Win XP Pro 32-bit so I don't think
> it's peculiar to x64.
>
> JimSmith1962 wrote:
> > After running XP pro x64 for about * days without any problems, I recieved
> > this error last night. After doing some checking around it appears my temp.
> > internet files was overloaded, (I had it set for 77mb) but it was way over
> > that limit. I cleaned my temp files and the error is gone. Is this an issue
> > with x64? I've installed ALL updates on day one.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for all help and advice, Jim

Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2

Jim:
The cure is to set the cashe higher or delete the temporary files
regularly.

"JimSmith1962" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?
>
> "Rick" wrote:
>
>> I have had the same thing happen in Win XP Pro 32-bit so I don't think
>> it's peculiar to x64.
>>
>> JimSmith1962 wrote:
>> > After running XP pro x64 for about * days without any problems, I
>> > recieved
>> > this error last night. After doing some checking around it appears my
>> > temp.
>> > internet files was overloaded, (I had it set for 77mb) but it was way
>> > over
>> > that limit. I cleaned my temp files and the error is gone. Is this an
>> > issue
>> > with x64? I've installed ALL updates on day one.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for all help and advice, Jim

Charlie Russel - MVP

You can set 32-bit IE to automatically delete temporary files on exit (it's
under advanced settings), but that setting doesn't work with 64-bit IE. You
need to periodically delete your temporary files. I do it at least once a
week.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

JimSmith1962 wrote:
> Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?
>
> "Rick" wrote:
>
>> I have had the same thing happen in Win XP Pro 32-bit so I don't think
>> it's peculiar to x64.
>>
>> JimSmith1962 wrote:
>>> After running XP pro x64 for about * days without any problems, I
>>> recieved this error last night. After doing some checking around it
>>> appears my temp. internet files was overloaded, (I had it set for 77mb)
>>> but it was way over that limit. I cleaned my temp files and the error
>>> is gone. Is this an issue with x64? I've installed ALL updates on day
>>> one.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for all help and advice, Jim

John Barnes

Setting IE to delete the files on close in advanced options, works great for
me.

"Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim:
> The cure is to set the cashe higher or delete the temporary files
> regularly.
>

> "JimSmith1962" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?
>>
>> "Rick" wrote:
>>
>>> I have had the same thing happen in Win XP Pro 32-bit so I don't think
>>> it's peculiar to x64.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I've found it doesn't reliably delete 64-bit IE files. Does a great job on
32-bit, however.

--

John Barnes wrote:
> Setting IE to delete the files on close in advanced options, works great
> for me.
>
> "Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jim:
>> The cure is to set the cashe higher or delete the temporary files
>> regularly.
>>

>> "JimSmith1962" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?

=?Utf-8?B?SmltU21pdGgxOTYy?=

Is there not a regestry hackanuone knows of?