Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > windows media player beta 11

windows media player beta 11

Kue2

Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

Rick

No.

Kue2 wrote:
> Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

DP

Rick:
Are you saying it won't run in x64? Or are you just saying it's not a 64-bit
app?
Why wouldn't it run in x64?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No.
>
> Kue2 wrote:
>> Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

Aaron Kelley

The Windows Media Player 11 beta will only run on Windows XP SP2 (by
design). The installer detects that you aren't running this and bails out
if you try to install it in XP x64. A native 64-bit version of the player
is included with Windows Vista x64; when a player that will run on XP x64
will be available is unclear.

(It may be possible, with some effort, to get WMP11 to run on XP x64 by
messing around with it, however, this would certainly not be supported.)

- Aaron

"DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rick:
> Are you saying it won't run in x64? Or are you just saying it's not a
> 64-bit app?
> Why wouldn't it run in x64?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No.
>>
>> Kue2 wrote:
>>> Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

It only supports Windows XP x86. If you try running it on XP Pro x64 you
will get "not a supported operating system error.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Rick:
> Are you saying it won't run in x64? Or are you just saying it's not a
> 64-bit app?
> Why wouldn't it run in x64?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No.
>>
>> Kue2 wrote:
>>> Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

Rick

It won't run in Win x64 because Microsoft did not opt to make a version
available that would. You'll have to get the specifics from Microsoft.

DP wrote:
> Rick:
> Are you saying it won't run in x64? Or are you just saying it's not a 64-bit
> app?
> Why wouldn't it run in x64?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No.
>>
>> Kue2 wrote:
>>> Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=

ok so what can I use for a media player i have xp64 bit and about 300g of
music I have always played on media player do you know of a 64 bit player?

"Rick" wrote:

> No.
>
> Kue2 wrote:
> > Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

Jane C

XP Professional x64 comes with Windows Media Player 10 included. It plays
all of my music and video clips just fine.

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
"Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok so what can I use for a media player i have xp64 bit and about 300g of
> music I have always played on media player do you know of a 64 bit player?
>
> "Rick" wrote:
>
>> No.
>>
>> Kue2 wrote:
>> > Does this beta run in win 64? If it does where can I d/l?

Aaron Kelley

Furthermore...
It's not XP, but a native x64 version of Windows Media Player 11 is included
in Windows Vista.
(It is unclear as to whether or not there will be *any* WMP11 offering for
Windows XP x64 at this time.)

- Aaron

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP Professional x64 comes with Windows Media Player 10 included. It plays
> all of my music and video clips just fine.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> "Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ok so what can I use for a media player i have xp64 bit and about 300g of
>> music I have always played on media player do you know of a 64 bit
>> player?
>>
>> "Rick" wrote:
>>
>>> No.

Colin Barnhorst

My understanding is that there will be when WMP11 rtm's.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...