Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > asus mb (cool & quiet)

asus mb (cool & quiet)

Kue2

Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any problems?

Rick

I run Cool'n'Quiet in both Win XP 32-bit and Win x64 on both Asus and
MSI motherboards and have never encountered any problems. I have been
using it since I bought my first AMD64 over 2 years ago and, in for Win
x64, as soon as the software was made available.

You will find there are some who are dead set against Cool'n'Quiet.

Kue2 wrote:
> Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any problems?

John Barnes

Likewise on ASUS motherboard. Not sure what version. Was the first one
available for x64 about July 2005

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I run Cool'n'Quiet in both Win XP 32-bit and Win x64 on both Asus and MSI
>motherboards and have never encountered any problems. I have been using it
>since I bought my first AMD64 over 2 years ago and, in for Win x64, as soon
>as the software was made available.
>
> You will find there are some who are dead set against Cool'n'Quiet.
>

> Kue2 wrote:
>> Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any
>> problems?

Kue2

anyone know what version of Cool & Quiet works in win 64
The version I have 1000.006 loads but when I click on the program group icon
nothing comes up???I found the version # in the program group.
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any
> problems?

Kue2

what version are u running??in win 64?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I run Cool'n'Quiet in both Win XP 32-bit and Win x64 on both Asus and MSI
>motherboards and have never encountered any problems. I have been using it
>since I bought my first AMD64 over 2 years ago and, in for Win x64, as soon
>as the software was made available.
>
> You will find there are some who are dead set against Cool'n'Quiet.
>

> Kue2 wrote:
>> Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any
>> problems?

Jud Hendrix

On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:02:41 -0400, "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>anyone know what version of Cool & Quiet works in win 64
>The version I have 1000.006 loads but when I click on the program group icon
>nothing comes up???I found the version # in the program group.

I have a different mobo, a MSI. With it, I have v 1.2.2 of Cool and Quiet,
for x64, which works for me.

jud

John Barnes

the uninstall says 1.018 can't find a version in the exe
"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what version are u running??in win 64?
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I run Cool'n'Quiet in both Win XP 32-bit and Win x64 on both Asus and MSI
>>motherboards and have never encountered any problems. I have been using
>>it since I bought my first AMD64 over 2 years ago and, in for Win x64, as
>>soon as the software was made available.
>>
>> You will find there are some who are dead set against Cool'n'Quiet.
>>

>> Kue2 wrote:
>>> Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any
>>> problems?

Rick

The Cool'n'Quiet on my Asus A8V is controlled turned on or off in the
BIOS and does not require any software in Windows. The software Asus
designates as Cool'n'Quiet is strictly a CPU Speed display. The only
requirement in Windows is to set your 'Power Schemes' to "Minimal Power
Management." You can verify Cool'n'Quiet is working by running
something like CPU-Z and note the CPU "Core Speed" at the bottom of the
page.

Kue2 wrote:
> what version are u running??in win 64?
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I run Cool'n'Quiet in both Win XP 32-bit and Win x64 on both Asus and MSI
>> motherboards and have never encountered any problems. I have been using it
>> since I bought my first AMD64 over 2 years ago and, in for Win x64, as soon
>> as the software was made available.
>>
>> You will find there are some who are dead set against Cool'n'Quiet.
>>

>> Kue2 wrote:
>>> Anyone running Cool & Quiet in win 64? If u are what version? Any
>>> problems?

John Barnes

Agreed, and Asus Probe also can be used to see if it is working.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...