Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xpx64 installed?

Anyone have steps for installing xp x86 on a machine that has xpx64 installed?

bjr

Subject says it all

Rick

Do you want to add x86 and dual boot, or do you want to replace x64?

Your subject does not say it all. A subject is supposed to be short and
to the point. You should then clarify what you want in the body.

So, you did not accomplish much by the way you went about it. You now
have to be a bit more specific as to what you want to do.

As far as I know we don't have any mind readings in this news group!

bjr wrote:
> Subject says it all

John Barnes

And it makes a difference whether it is one drive, two drives, do you have
your second partition or free space, etc. Charlie has a blog on the subject
which Andre will be able to post when he arrives.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you want to add x86 and dual boot, or do you want to replace x64?
>
> Your subject does not say it all. A subject is supposed to be short and
> to the point. You should then clarify what you want in the body.
>
> So, you did not accomplish much by the way you went about it. You now
> have to be a bit more specific as to what you want to do.
>
> As far as I know we don't have any mind readings in this news group!
>

> bjr wrote:
>> Subject says it all

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Please visit Charlie Russels excellent blog for detailed information on
installing and configuring Windows XP Professional x64:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And it makes a difference whether it is one drive, two drives, do you have
> your second partition or free space, etc. Charlie has a blog on the
> subject which Andre will be able to post when he arrives.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do you want to add x86 and dual boot, or do you want to replace x64?
>>
>> Your subject does not say it all. A subject is supposed to be short and
>> to the point. You should then clarify what you want in the body.
>>
>> So, you did not accomplish much by the way you went about it. You now
>> have to be a bit more specific as to what you want to do.
>>
>> As far as I know we don't have any mind readings in this news group!
>>

>> bjr wrote:
>>> Subject says it all

John Barnes

Can ALWAYS count on Andre
Thanks

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please visit Charlie Russels excellent blog for detailed information on
> installing and configuring Windows XP Professional x64:
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And it makes a difference whether it is one drive, two drives, do you
>> have your second partition or free space, etc. Charlie has a blog on the
>> subject which Andre will be able to post when he arrives.
>>

>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Do you want to add x86 and dual boot, or do you want to replace x64?
>>>
>>> Your subject does not say it all. A subject is supposed to be short and
>>> to the point. You should then clarify what you want in the body.
>>>
>>> So, you did not accomplish much by the way you went about it. You now
>>> have to be a bit more specific as to what you want to do.
>>>
>>> As far as I know we don't have any mind readings in this news group!

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yeah, he makes it easy. I hardly ever get a chance...

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

John Barnes wrote:
> Can ALWAYS count on Andre
> Thanks

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Please visit Charlie Russels excellent blog for detailed information on
>> installing and configuring Windows XP Professional x64:
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> And it makes a difference whether it is one drive, two drives, do you
>>> have your second partition or free space, etc. Charlie has a blog on
>>> the subject which Andre will be able to post when he arrives.
>>>

>>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

doesn't quite say it all. Do you want to replace x64? Or run in dual boot?

For dual boot, see:

For more on dual and multiple boot scenarios with x64 Edition (or any
others, actually), you might find the detailed blog I did on this of
interest and use.

http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../21/76180.aspx

HTH.
--

bjr wrote:
> Subject says it all

Andre Da Costa

Hey Charlie, I love the new addition to your signature. hehe
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> doesn't quite say it all. Do you want to replace x64? Or run in dual boot?
>
> For dual boot, see:
>
> For more on dual and multiple boot scenarios with x64 Edition (or any
> others, actually), you might find the detailed blog I did on this of
> interest and use.
>
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../21/76180.aspx
>
> HTH.
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ght_for_Me.doc
>
> bjr wrote:
>> Subject says it all

John Barnes

You write 'em, and Andre links 'em and everybody wins.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, he makes it easy. I hardly ever get a chance...
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ght_for_Me.doc
>
> John Barnes wrote:
>> Can ALWAYS count on Andre
>> Thanks

>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Please visit Charlie Russels excellent blog for detailed information on
>>> installing and configuring Windows XP Professional x64:
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>>

>>> --
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>>>
>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

I wish OE had a way to shorten that link when used as a signature. But there
it is.