Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > internet explorer problem using windows xp 64 bit

internet explorer problem using windows xp 64 bit

=?Utf-8?B?V2FsdGVyQw==?=

I am able to access the internet using the 64 bit internet explorer, but if I
try to connect using the 32 bit explorer, it won't connect. This problem
results in an inability to download updates from windows update page. I
suspect a setting issue.
suggestions?

DP

You sure you don't have that reversed?
My experience has been that the update page needs 32-bit. So if you're on
the 64-bit IE, it will tell you it needs to switch to 32-bit.

At least that's what happened a couple months ago.

"WalterC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am able to access the internet using the 64 bit internet explorer, but if
> try to connect using the 32 bit explorer, it won't connect. This problem
> results in an inability to download updates from windows update page. I
> suspect a setting issue.
> suggestions?

John Barnes

You may be having trouble with the Nvidia firewall. Usually fixable by
installing and then uninstalling it. If you have an Nvidia chipset I would
try this first.

"WalterC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am able to access the internet using the 64 bit internet explorer, but if
> try to connect using the 32 bit explorer, it won't connect. This problem
> results in an inability to download updates from windows update page. I
> suspect a setting issue.
> suggestions?

Charlie Russel - MVP

A nearly sure sign of Nvidia's semi-hardware firewall.

nown problem:
Unfortunately, the built in nVidia firewall product appears to install at
least some portion of itself even if you've never chosen to install it. And
this appears to interfere with 32-bit programs. The solution is to install
the firewall program if it isn't already installed, and then uninstall it.

Also see: http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../15/81143.aspx

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64