Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > compatible video cards for 64-bit

compatible video cards for 64-bit

=?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEZlbm5leQ==?=

sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2

Lee:
The best source would be at NVidia or ATI web sites. In the driver
listing there is a list of compatible cards.

"Lee Fenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Check the download section at http://www.planetamd64.com

I use a Geforce FX 5200 128 MB AGP.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Lee Fenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2

Andre:

Thanks for catching my omission.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check the download section at http://www.planetamd64.com
>
> I use a Geforce FX 5200 128 MB AGP.
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Lee Fenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I checked their website, but its hard to decipher through the
downloads/drivers section. Its lost on their website really to be honest
thats why I just suggested planetamd64.com
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre:
>
> Thanks for catching my omission.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Check the download section at http://www.planetamd64.com
>>
>> I use a Geforce FX 5200 128 MB AGP.
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Lee Fenney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

Mark Gillespie

On Sun, 14 May 2006 04:04:02 +0100, Lee Fenney
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

Pretty much anything made by Ati or NVidia in the last 4 years will be
fine. Both ATI and NVidia have a unified driver model, where 1 driver
works for all their recent cards. They both have x64 drivers, so pretty
much everything from both vendors will be fine.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Lee:
Here you will find the full listing for the NVidia based graphic cards
supported by x64
http://www.nvidia.com/object/84.25_w...supported.html
and this is the only info I could get from ATI:
Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition drivers and software are available for
the following product types:
Radeon®
TV Tuners
FireGL™
FireMV™
Motherboard with ATI Graphics

Hope this helps.
Carlos

"Lee Fenney" wrote:

> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

=?Utf-8?B?U3VlIGluIEZsb3JpZGE=?=

I think all nvidia products are supported. Be careful of ATI, while they may
have a driver, what they don't bother to mention is at least on the All in
Wonder line there is no support for any of the card functions, i.e. no tv
display, no movie playback, no video capture, etc. ad nauseum. Nero 7
Ultimate supports the TV playback and the movie playback with that card. I
had an aiw x800 for about 2 weeks in 64 bit, either the drivers are crap or
my card has gone south because now all I get is a corrupted screen in 64 bit.
I replaced it with a geforce 6600 OC 256 meg card, the official nvidia
drivers can't see it but a beta I found can see it but now I've got two
unknown devices in device manager, have to go looking for a newer beta I
guess. Right now Nvidia seems the best supported, I am so mad at ATI I
bought that card specificially because they claimed 64 bit support, they're a
bunch of liars in my book, will never buy anything ATI ever again after this
experience.

"Lee Fenney" wrote:

> sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

hught1956

i am running an evga 7800 gt co 256 meg nvidia based no issues
whatsoever everything works as advertised ht

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Colin Barnhorst

These are great cards. I have been impressed by how silky the scrolling is.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...