Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Fun with cookies.

Fun with cookies.

=?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=

I'm finding something very odd since I installed Win 64 XP.

Some web sites that I visit tell me I must have cookies enabled to use them.
Normaly this would not be a problem. I could just go into Internet options
and lower my privacy settings.

Unfortunately this doesn't work.

My question is:

Has Win64 XP changed the way IE deals with cookies? And if so, how do I
work around my problem?

This has been a frequent problem for me.

Any help appreciated.

John Barnes

Check to make sure you have the settings you want (or need) for both IE32
and IE64.

"Xaos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm finding something very odd since I installed Win 64 XP.
>
> Some web sites that I visit tell me I must have cookies enabled to use
> them.
> Normaly this would not be a problem. I could just go into Internet
> options
> and lower my privacy settings.
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't work.
>
> My question is:
>
> Has Win64 XP changed the way IE deals with cookies? And if so, how do I
> work around my problem?
>
> This has been a frequent problem for me.
>
> Any help appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Check to make sure you have the settings you want (or need) for both IE32
> and IE64.
>
> "Xaos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm finding something very odd since I installed Win 64 XP.
> >
> > Some web sites that I visit tell me I must have cookies enabled to use
> > them.
> > Normaly this would not be a problem. I could just go into Internet
> > options
> > and lower my privacy settings.
> >
> > Unfortunately this doesn't work.
> >
> > My question is:
> >
> > Has Win64 XP changed the way IE deals with cookies? And if so, how do I
> > work around my problem?
> >
> > This has been a frequent problem for me.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.

Actually they seem to be one in the same. I am still not completely sure
what the difference is because both the 64 bit and 32 bit IE link to the same
location
Which is IEXPLORE.EXE (version 6.0.3790.1830) I have tried to open both and
make the settings identical (which they are already because it seems to be
the same executable)

John Barnes

My experience. I have two brokerage accounts. If I launch 2 IE32 windows
or IE64 windows, the account changes in both windows when changed in either.
If I launch an IE32 and an IE64 window, I can have both accounts function
independently. You are correct that the settings are universal. Let us
know if you find a solution.

"Xaos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Check to make sure you have the settings you want (or need) for both IE32
>> and IE64.
>>
>> "Xaos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I'm finding something very odd since I installed Win 64 XP.
>> >
>> > Some web sites that I visit tell me I must have cookies enabled to use
>> > them.
>> > Normaly this would not be a problem. I could just go into Internet
>> > options
>> > and lower my privacy settings.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately this doesn't work.
>> >
>> > My question is:
>> >
>> > Has Win64 XP changed the way IE deals with cookies? And if so, how do
>> > work around my problem?
>> >
>> > This has been a frequent problem for me.
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated.

> Actually they seem to be one in the same. I am still not completely sure
> what the difference is because both the 64 bit and 32 bit IE link to the
> same
> location
> Which is IEXPLORE.EXE (version 6.0.3790.1830) I have tried to open both
> and
> make the settings identical (which they are already because it seems to be
> the same executable)

=?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=

So no one else experienced this problem?