Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Update for Outlook won't install

Update for Outlook won't install

Donald Wilkinson

I'm petty much running my Win64 system as my primary desktop nowadays.

Two days ago it automaticaly downloaded "Update for Outlook Junk Mile
Filter (KB916521)" and tried to install it.

I'm not running Outloook on this machine (only Outlook Express) and the
install fails. Then, in about 30 seconds, the machine nags me to install the
update. Then it fails again. Whenever I shut down the machine, it's a dual
boot between WinXP32 and WinXP64, it demands that I install the upgrade
before I log off and it, of course, fails.

How do I get rid of this **%$#& unwanted and unnecessary upgrade?

Thanks

DonW

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Donald:
Just click the "+" sign right to the left of the name of the update.
Then check the box
"Never show this update again" (or however it is written in English -
running x64 Spanish here).
That should fix it.
Carlos
"Donald Wilkinson" wrote:

> I'm petty much running my Win64 system as my primary desktop nowadays.
>
> Two days ago it automaticaly downloaded "Update for Outlook Junk Mile
> Filter (KB916521)" and tried to install it.
>
> I'm not running Outloook on this machine (only Outlook Express) and the
> install fails. Then, in about 30 seconds, the machine nags me to install the
> update. Then it fails again. Whenever I shut down the machine, it's a dual
> boot between WinXP32 and WinXP64, it demands that I install the upgrade
> before I log off and it, of course, fails.
>
> How do I get rid of this **%$#& unwanted and unnecessary upgrade?
>

> Thanks
>
> DonW

Donald Wilkinson

Thanks, Carlos