Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Macromedia flash player for win 64???

Macromedia flash player for win 64???

Kue2

Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Hi:
There's a beta version 9.0.0.296 hanging around.
http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...yer_9_beta.exe
Haven't tried it, neither got any info.
Does anybody know something else?
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

Jane Colman

I've got the ordinary flash player...works fine in the 32bit IE7 on XP x64.

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

M. Murcek

The 84 bit beta flash player is working uneventfully in IE7 x64 on my
machine. Worth it just to stop seeing "this site requires flash" pop-ups...

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Hi:
Would that beta flash be the one included as a download link in my post?
(http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...yer_9_beta.exe
) or is it another version?
Carlos

"M. Murcek" wrote:

> The 84 bit beta flash player is working uneventfully in IE7 x64 on my
> machine. Worth it just to stop seeing "this site requires flash" pop-ups...
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

Homer J. Simpson

> The 84 bit beta flash player is working uneventfully in IE7 x64 on my
> machine. Worth it just to stop seeing "this site requires flash"
> pop-ups...

I'd rather get the "this site requires flash" message than actual Flash
content. Maybe it's just me.

M. Murcek

Carlos - I used the link you provided. According to the Add-On Manager, it
is flash8b.ocx

Homer - true enough...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
> Would that beta flash be the one included as a download link in my post?
> (http://download.macromedia.com/get/f...yer_9_beta.exe
> ) or is it another version?
> Carlos
>
> "M. Murcek" wrote:
>
>> The 84 bit beta flash player is working uneventfully in IE7 x64 on my
>> machine. Worth it just to stop seeing "this site requires flash"
>> pop-ups...
>>
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

The 9.0 beta is working for me. The 8.0 release was hit and miss. And when I
tried to install the ActiveX control it always came up as the OS X version.

"Kue2" wrote:

> Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

Martin S.

I'm I missing something here, I installed the Flash Player 9 Beta, but still
no flash in IE 6, 64 bit, what gives?

Thanks,
Martin.

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The 9.0 beta is working for me. The 8.0 release was hit and miss. And when
> tried to install the ActiveX control it always came up as the OS X
> version.
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> Any know if one is in developement or Beta?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

One last question.
Are you quite sure that you are running the 64-bit version of IE with flash?
Carlos