Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32-bit Perfmon looking at 64-bit counters

32-bit Perfmon looking at 64-bit counters

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?=

Hello,

I have a very bizarre situation. We have a monitoring tool that runs on a
32-bit machine. As per the vendor, the tool set uses Peformance Monitor to
look at specific PerfMon objects/counters from a monitoring machine to
configured target machines. One of the machines involved in this topology is
a 64-bit machine. The 32-bit monitoring server cannot connect to the 64-bit
machine via perfmon. I receive a pop-up window stating: Unable to connect to
machine, However, I can read the registry. Here is what I have done so far:

- Added HKLM\SYS\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServe rs\winreg to both
Network Access Remote Registry keys in the Local Security Policy.
- Added Local Service to the above registry key with read access.
- Ensured the user account connecting to the machine follows the following
steps from the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300702/en-us (the
account is a Domain Admin) This article is supposed to fix the Unable to
Connect problem.

Is there something else that needs to be done? Any help would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Chris

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Christopher,
Can you send me an email? Remove the online from my address.
I have something I want you to try to see if it works. If it works we can
post it back to the newsgroup.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?= <(E-Mail Removed)>