Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Is there a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems ??????

Is there a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems ??????

=?Utf-8?B?SGVhdDE5NjQ=?=

I was wondering if there is a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Heat1964" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if there is a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems

Jane Colman

Not yet, it doesn't need one

--
Jane, but not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

Chuck Walbourn [MSFT]

Windows XP is currently on Service Pack 2. This is a 32-bit only OS.

Windows XP Pro x64 is on Service Pack 1. It matches the Windows Server 2003
SP 1 codebase, not the XP codebase. A bit confusing, but that's why.

--
Chuck Walbourn
SDE, Game Technology Group

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

So Chuck, does that make it official then, that XP x64 future Service Packs
will be aligned with Windows Server 2003 SPs?
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Chuck Walbourn [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:445bc9d2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP is currently on Service Pack 2. This is a 32-bit only OS.
>
> Windows XP Pro x64 is on Service Pack 1. It matches the Windows Server
> 2003 SP 1 codebase, not the XP codebase. A bit confusing, but that's why.
>
> --
> Chuck Walbourn
> SDE, Game Technology Group

> rights.

maduser@ofir.dk

no not yet

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 8
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Martijn Saly

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> So Chuck, does that make it official then, that XP x64 future Service Packs
> will be aligned with Windows Server 2003 SPs?

They probably will (if you were referring to Windows Server 2003 *x64
Edition*), since they are based on one and the same kernel.

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its not specific to Server 2003 x64, the SP1 integrated in Server 2003 x64
also has its equivalent for Server 2003 x86.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Martijn Saly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> So Chuck, does that make it official then, that XP x64 future Service
>> Packs will be aligned with Windows Server 2003 SPs?

> They probably will (if you were referring to Windows Server 2003 *x64
> Edition*), since they are based on one and the same kernel.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Martijn Saly

Kevin John Panzke

It is currently in Beta, just FYI.

"Heat1964" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if there is a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems

Chuck Walbourn [MSFT]

Yes, I would expect Windows XP Pro x64 Edition's service packs to align with
the Windows Server 2003 SPs. It is defintely not built out of the 32-bit
Windows XP codebase.

--
Chuck Walbourn
SDE, Game Technology Group