Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ANONYMOUS LOGON in event viewer\security

ANONYMOUS LOGON in event viewer\security

=?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=

I check my event viewer often and under the security icon it shows
( NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON ).
i am using avast 4.7 pro a/v and f/w, is it possible this is causing the
event?
And is there a better a/v and f/w for xp 64?
thanks
Sean

Jane Colman

I'm using Avast and the Windows Firewall in x64 and have no such entries
under the Security tab in Event Viewer. The only entries I have are Success
Audit ones, none of which have NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON as the user.

--
Jane, but not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

Tony Sperling

What is better, mostly, is a question of personal taste. Avast is having
issues - personally though, I think it is among the best there is, surely
vastly better than Norton or McAffe. Your error report does not seem to have
anything to do with Avast, that I can recognize.

Are you starting Windows by way of 'automatic log-on' that is, without
typing your username and password?

I just did a quick search on Yahoo for that message, it turns out this is a
rather old error that has to do with linking to tables in SQL Server!!!

And probably a handfull of other stuff as well. Not A/V related!

Tony. . .

"Seanwind" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I check my event viewer often and under the security icon it shows
> ( NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON ).
> i am using avast 4.7 pro a/v and f/w, is it possible this is causing the
> event?
> And is there a better a/v and f/w for xp 64?
> thanks
> Sean

Dan Koerner

What Logon Type is it? I see this with Type 3 events, "Network: A user or computer logged on to this computer from the network" from my LAN PC logging on to shared folders/drives.

--
-Dan-

"Seanwind" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I check my event viewer often and under the security icon it shows
> ( NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON ).
> i am using avast 4.7 pro a/v and f/w, is it possible this is causing the
> event?
> And is there a better a/v and f/w for xp 64?
> thanks
> Sean

=?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=

thanks
"Jane Colman" wrote:

> I'm using Avast and the Windows Firewall in x64 and have no such entries
> under the Security tab in Event Viewer. The only entries I have are Success
> Audit ones, none of which have NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON as the user.
>

> --
> Jane, but not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

=?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=

thanks for the info, i'll try doing a little more research, i do however log
on using secure autentication, typing my password every time, every account
on my computer has a password

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> What is better, mostly, is a question of personal taste. Avast is having
> issues - personally though, I think it is among the best there is, surely
> vastly better than Norton or McAffe. Your error report does not seem to have
> anything to do with Avast, that I can recognize.
>
> Are you starting Windows by way of 'automatic log-on' that is, without
> typing your username and password?
>
> I just did a quick search on Yahoo for that message, it turns out this is a
> rather old error that has to do with linking to tables in SQL Server!!!
>
> And probably a handfull of other stuff as well. Not A/V related!
>

> Tony. . .
>
> "Seanwind" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I check my event viewer often and under the security icon it shows
> > ( NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON ).
> > i am using avast 4.7 pro a/v and f/w, is it possible this is causing the
> > event?
> > And is there a better a/v and f/w for xp 64?
> > thanks
> > Sean

=?Utf-8?B?U2VhbndpbmQ=?=

thanks for posting,
it is a type 3 logon, and thats all the information it really generates, i
did a check of local services and i use a network/process monitor and it
doesn't generate any events that look odd or don't belong, after speaking
with another IT prof. they seem to think it is just a process under xp 64,
but i haven't heard or seen that on any other systems