Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > converting file formats

Reply
Thread Tools

converting file formats

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
My mp3 supports WAV etc etc but will only play MP3 ,is there some free
software that would allow me to change WAV to MP3
dont understand bit rate, would this prevent me playing WAV files it I dont
have the correct bit rate
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
Burn it to a CD then rip it back using software such as iTunes 6. My
personal suggestion.

Since this issue is not specific to Windows XP Professional x64, you are
best posting it to an appropriate group such
microsoft.public.windowsxp.music
--
--
Andre
Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My mp3 supports WAV etc etc but will only play MP3 ,is there some free
> software that would allow me to change WAV to MP3
> dont understand bit rate, would this prevent me playing WAV files it I
> dont
> have the correct bit rate



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jud Hendrix
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:11:51 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Burn it to a CD then rip it back using software such as iTunes 6. My
>personal suggestion.


Complicated I suggest to convert them with Audacity:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

jud

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php
 
Reply With Quote
 
Martijn Saly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Burn it to a CD then rip it back using software such as iTunes 6. My
> personal suggestion.
>
> Since this issue is not specific to Windows XP Professional x64, you are
> best posting it to an appropriate group such
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.music


For ripping, I would suggest the much lighter freeware program Audiograbber:
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly
 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
What an audacity, thanks Jud.
--
--
Andre
Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:11:51 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Burn it to a CD then rip it back using software such as iTunes 6. My
>>personal suggestion.

>
> Complicated I suggest to convert them with Audacity:
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
>
> jud
>
> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
> http://www.x-privat.org/join.php



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jud Hendrix
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-30-2006
On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 06:57:56 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What an audacity, thanks Jud.


Yeah, I like to give sound advice once in a while

j

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is MKV formats better than other video formats? helena68 Software 3 11-26-2008 07:57 AM
Detailed Analysis of the file formats for M$ Office 2007 -"Microsoft Office XML Formats? Defective by design" Jonathan Walker NZ Computing 1 08-26-2007 03:43 AM
converting file formats to txt Gaurav Agarwal Python 13 07-10-2006 01:07 PM
converting file formats to txt Gaurav Agarwal Python 0 07-04-2006 06:42 AM
CyberLink Supports UDF 2.5/2.6 Formats For Blu-ray and HD DVD next generation of disc formats. Allan DVD Video 0 07-15-2005 07:43 PM



Advertisments