Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > removal of Beta version

removal of Beta version

=?Utf-8?B?am9lZmNvc3Rh?=

Does anyone know how to remove the beta version of
Windows XP Professional X64 bit from my computer.

Jane Colman

Is it the only OS on your pc, or are you dual-booting?

If you have your pc set up to dual boot, remove the reference to XP x64 from
your boot.ini and then format the drive/partition that XP x64 is installed
on.

--
Jane, but not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Format the partition on which it sits, and then remove the reference from
boot.ini. If it is your only OS, insert a legal installation disk for the
operating system of your choice, and instruct it to format the partition on
which the beta (and long since no longer licensed) copy of XP x64 resides.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Jane Colman" wrote:

> Is it the only OS on your pc, or are you dual-booting?
>
> If you have your pc set up to dual boot, remove the reference to XP x64 from
> your boot.ini and then format the drive/partition that XP x64 is installed
> on.
>

> --
> Jane, but not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
>
> thank you for the quick & correct answer. I could not get any help from

microsoft

Bruce Chambers

joefcosta wrote:
> Does anyone know how to remove the beta version of
> Windows XP Professional X64 bit from my computer.

The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system, beta or
otherwise, is to format the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm