Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Explorer displaying everything in reverse order.

Windows Explorer displaying everything in reverse order.

Gato Loco

I seem to be having an odd problem. When I am using windows explorer,
every time I open a folder it is, by default, displaying everying
backwards. By that, I mean, that files will be alphabetical from Z to
A, or if I'm veiwing type the folders that are usually first are now
last.

This will even happen when I try to change an icon, or other dialogue
boxes. Everything just shows up in reverse order.

I can reset it, but it only lasts for that session, if I open another
folder it is in reverse order again

I've tried to find any setting that might control this and have had no
luck.Really starting to bug me!

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Gato Loco

Charlie Russel - MVP

Open _one_ explorer window. Set the display as you want it. Now, go to
Tools, Folder options, View tab. Make any changes there that are appropriate
to what you want to see. Click Apply. Then click Apply to All Folders. Click
OK and close out of explorer. That is now your default.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Gato Loco wrote:
> I seem to be having an odd problem. When I am using windows explorer,
> every time I open a folder it is, by default, displaying everying
> backwards. By that, I mean, that files will be alphabetical from Z to
> A, or if I'm veiwing type the folders that are usually first are now
> last.
>
> This will even happen when I try to change an icon, or other dialogue
> boxes. Everything just shows up in reverse order.
>
> I can reset it, but it only lasts for that session, if I open another
> folder it is in reverse order again
>
> I've tried to find any setting that might control this and have had no
> luck.Really starting to bug me!
>
> Any suggestions???
>
> Thanks
> Gato Loco

Gato Loco

Thanks Charles.

The weird thing is that I think I had tried that allready, but
yesterday I took a partition out of one of my hard drives and
reformatted it and it seemed to be working correctly after I did that.
Go figure.

Just to be sure I did your instructions while everything seems to be
working correctly...

Any way, big thanks for the speedy reply.

cheers
Gato Loco
..

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:41:13 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Open _one_ explorer window. Set the display as you want it. Now, go to
>Tools, Folder options, View tab. Make any changes there that are appropriate
>to what you want to see. Click Apply. Then click Apply to All Folders. Click
>OK and close out of explorer. That is now your default.

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

I also uncheck "Remember each folder's view settings" after
doing like Charlie

--
Mike Gleason jr Couturier

news:(E-Mail Removed)...