Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Kodak Easyshare and XP 64bit

Kodak Easyshare and XP 64bit

DE50AE

I am running Windows XP 64 bit and after installing Kodak Easyshare
Software, my DVD burner was gone.

I found following in Groups, used it and DVD burner is back.

Do not get drivers from Windows Update.

Uninstall the device and then reboot. Use the new drivers if
downloaded.

My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager, etc.)
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

Restore Missing CD Drive
http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm

Tony Sperling

Yes, this is a known issue - I cannot remember if anyone ever came up with a
solution. Many here are still 'dual Booting' for reasons of this sort.

Tony. . .

"DE50AE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I am running Windows XP 64 bit and after installing Kodak Easyshare
> Software, my DVD burner was gone.
>
> I found following in Groups, used it and DVD burner is back.
>
> Do not get drivers from Windows Update.
>

> Uninstall the device and then reboot. Use the new drivers if
> downloaded.
>

> My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager, etc.)
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>

> Restore Missing CD Drive
> http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip
>

> Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Recommendation, uninstall KODAK Easy Share or use System Restore.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, this is a known issue - I cannot remember if anyone ever came up with
> a solution. Many here are still 'dual Booting' for reasons of this sort.
>
> Tony. . .
>

> "DE50AE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>I am running Windows XP 64 bit and after installing Kodak Easyshare
>> Software, my DVD burner was gone.
>>
>> I found following in Groups, used it and DVD burner is back.
>>
>> Do not get drivers from Windows Update.
>>

>> Uninstall the device and then reboot. Use the new drivers if
>> downloaded.
>>

>> My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager, etc.)
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>>

>> Restore Missing CD Drive
>> http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip
>>

>> Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm
>>

>> --

Charlie Russel - MVP

Or running 32-bit in a virtual machine.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Tony Sperling wrote:
> Yes, this is a known issue - I cannot remember if anyone ever came up
> with a solution. Many here are still 'dual Booting' for reasons of this
> sort.
> Tony. . .
>

> "DE50AE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I am running Windows XP 64 bit and after installing Kodak Easyshare
>> Software, my DVD burner was gone.
>>
>> I found following in Groups, used it and DVD burner is back.
>>
>> Do not get drivers from Windows Update.
>>

>> Uninstall the device and then reboot. Use the new drivers if
>> downloaded.
>>

>> My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager, etc.)
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>>

>> Restore Missing CD Drive
>> http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip
>>

>> Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm
>>

>> --

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

How could we have forgotten about Virtual Server 2005 R2?
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or running 32-bit in a virtual machine.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie Russel - MVP
> NFS Authentication issues? See:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/int...u/nfsauth.mspx
> RSH Problems? See:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/int.../sfu35rsh.mspx
>

> Tony Sperling wrote:
>> Yes, this is a known issue - I cannot remember if anyone ever came up
>> with a solution. Many here are still 'dual Booting' for reasons of this
>> sort.
>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "DE50AE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>> I am running Windows XP 64 bit and after installing Kodak Easyshare
>>> Software, my DVD burner was gone.
>>>
>>> I found following in Groups, used it and DVD burner is back.
>>>
>>> Do not get drivers from Windows Update.
>>>

>>> Uninstall the device and then reboot. Use the new drivers if
>>> downloaded.
>>>

>>> My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager, etc.)
>>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>>>

>>> Restore Missing CD Drive
>>> http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip
>>>

>>> Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
>>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...cd_dvd_fix.htm
>>>

>>> --

Charlie Russel - MVP

Or VMWare Server/Workstation. I use them both. This week it seems to be all
VMWare for some reason.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> How could we have forgotten about Virtual Server 2005 R2?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Or running 32-bit in a virtual machine.
>>
>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie Russel - MVP
>> NFS Authentication issues? See:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/int...u/nfsauth.mspx
>> RSH Problems? See:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/int.../sfu35rsh.mspx
>>

>> Tony Sperling wrote:
>>> Yes, this is a known issue - I cannot remember if anyone ever came up
>>> with a solution. Many here are still 'dual Booting' for reasons of this
>>> sort.
>>> Tony. . .
>>>

>>> "DE50AE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I have to be honest, I am confused by VS R2 '05s web based interface, I
prefer VM Ware workstation over it any day.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or VMWare Server/Workstation. I use them both. This week it seems to be
> all VMWare for some reason.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> How could we have forgotten about Virtual Server 2005 R2?
>> --

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Or running 32-bit in a virtual machine.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>>> ======================
>>> Charlie Russel - MVP
>>> NFS Authentication issues? See:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/int...u/nfsauth.mspx
>>> RSH Problems? See:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/int.../sfu35rsh.mspx

Charlie Russel - MVP

I have frustrations with both. My current biggest frustration with VMWare is
that I have to reboot the server for it too often. If I'm starting and
stopping VMs a lot, shutting down one SBS vm, for example, to start a
different one (I'm currently updating my SBS book), by the time I've done
this a couple of times, VMWare seems to just be unusable. My read is that it
gets its memory fragmented and doesn't clean up after itself well.

I also find that the way it does NICs is just a total PITA. And I miss the
VMRC from Virtual Server. OTOH, as you say, the VS web front end is an
interface only its developer could love.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> I have to be honest, I am confused by VS R2 '05s web based interface, I
> prefer VM Ware workstation over it any day.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Or VMWare Server/Workstation. I use them both. This week it seems to be
>> all VMWare for some reason.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>>> How could we have forgotten about Virtual Server 2005 R2?
>>> --
>>>
>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I know about the NIC issues, it does something to my existing ethernet
connections. I am using a speed touch modem with an ethernet connection and
I noticed it disabled that and used the VM network connections as the
default. I had to disable it to re-enable to my network connecto to the
Internet.