Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Scanner advice

Scanner advice

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk

Can anyone advise the cheapest reasonable quality flatbed scanner that
will work with XP64. I don't need a film scanning facility.

I have to replace my little used Canoscan 3400f as there are no XP64
drivers for it.

Larry Hodges

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone advise the cheapest reasonable quality flatbed scanner that
> will work with XP64. I don't need a film scanning facility.
>
> I have to replace my little used Canoscan 3400f as there are no XP64
> drivers for it.

I have the Canon multi-function MP500 printer/scanner. Works great, and has
x64 drivers.

Martin S.

I replaced my 3400F a while ago with an LiDE 500F from Canon, nice scanner
you should check it out.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone advise the cheapest reasonable quality flatbed scanner that
> will work with XP64. I don't need a film scanning facility.
>
> I have to replace my little used Canoscan 3400f as there are no XP64
> drivers for it.

John Barnes

Brother has several all-in-ones that are very reasonable and do a decent job
of scanning. I have a DCP-110C which I got for around $70 and one with fax
MFC-5440CN for about $90.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone advise the cheapest reasonable quality flatbed scanner that
> will work with XP64. I don't need a film scanning facility.
>
> I have to replace my little used Canoscan 3400f as there are no XP64
> drivers for it.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Here are some all in one printers from Dell that are 64-bit compatible:
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...555&l=en&s=biz

Lexmark X8350 All-In-One Printer
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...oductId=237904

Brother MFC-9420CN All-In-One Laser Printer:
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Brother_...bed_All_in_One

All of these have scanners built into them with XP Professional x64 support.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone advise the cheapest reasonable quality flatbed scanner that
> will work with XP64. I don't need a film scanning facility.
>
> I have to replace my little used Canoscan 3400f as there are no XP64
> drivers for it.

Bruce Chambers

> Can anyone advise the cheapest reasonable quality flatbed scanner that
> will work with XP64. I don't need a film scanning facility.
>
> I have to replace my little used Canoscan 3400f as there are no XP64
> drivers for it.

I've been reasonably happy with an Epson Stylus CX3810, which serves as
a USB printer/scanner/copier. The 64-bit drivers are available for
downloading from Epson's web site.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: