Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64-bit Nero

64-bit Nero

Dennis Mueller

I've e-mailed Nero's support and sales departments but neither seems able
to reply to a paying customer so I'll ask you guys (besides, I'm tired of
the "company line").

Anyone know when (or if) Nero is going 64-bit? I kind of liked the InCD
module for creating quick backups and miss it in xp-64.

Thanks!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No word on native support for Windows XP Professional 64-bit.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Dennis Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've e-mailed Nero's support and sales departments but neither seems able
> to reply to a paying customer so I'll ask you guys (besides, I'm tired of
> the "company line").
>
> Anyone know when (or if) Nero is going 64-bit? I kind of liked the InCD
> module for creating quick backups and miss it in xp-64.
>
> Thanks!

Charlie Russel - MVP

And to tell you the truth, I am seriously unimpressed with Nero 7. What a
PITA to use. I'm going back to 6.x - it worked just fine, and it had far
less [waste products] with it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> No word on native support for Windows XP Professional 64-bit.
>
> "Dennis Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've e-mailed Nero's support and sales departments but neither seems able
>> to reply to a paying customer so I'll ask you guys (besides, I'm tired of
>> the "company line").
>>
>> Anyone know when (or if) Nero is going 64-bit? I kind of liked the InCD
>> module for creating quick backups and miss it in xp-64.
>>
>> Thanks!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, I had 7 installed, the only thing I saw of value was this DVD playing
software, Nero Show I think, a friend burnt some videos for me and Nero Show
was the only software that would play it. But, there is nothing else of much
value, 6.6 is working just fine.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:e95x9%(E-Mail Removed)...
> And to tell you the truth, I am seriously unimpressed with Nero 7. What a
> PITA to use. I'm going back to 6.x - it worked just fine, and it had far
> less [waste products] with it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> No word on native support for Windows XP Professional 64-bit.
>>
>> "Dennis Mueller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've e-mailed Nero's support and sales departments but neither seems
>>> able
>>> to reply to a paying customer so I'll ask you guys (besides, I'm tired
>>> of
>>> the "company line").
>>>
>>> Anyone know when (or if) Nero is going 64-bit? I kind of liked the InCD
>>> module for creating quick backups and miss it in xp-64.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

Frank

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Yes, I had 7 installed, the only thing I saw of value was this DVD playing
> software, Nero Show I think, a friend burnt some videos for me and Nero Show
> was the only software that would play it. But, there is nothing else of much
> value, 6.6 is working just fine.

Strange how almost everyone is complaining about Nero 7 and Roxio 8, the
latest releases from both companies.
I tried both and seems both companies are trying to deliver the "kitchen
sink' when all we really want is just great burning software.
I went back to Roxio 7.
Frank

Charlie Russel - MVP

I wonder if they ever actually _listen_ to the community? Apparently not,
from all indications. I don't give a darn about all that fancy stuff they
keep adding. I just want something that will reliably burn DVDs and burn
images. If ISO Recorder did DVD, I'd be a happy camper.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Frank wrote:
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> Yes, I had 7 installed, the only thing I saw of value was this DVD
>> playing software, Nero Show I think, a friend burnt some videos for me
>> and Nero Show was the only software that would play it. But, there is
>> nothing else of much value, 6.6 is working just fine.

> Strange how almost everyone is complaining about Nero 7 and Roxio 8, the
> latest releases from both companies.
> I tried both and seems both companies are trying to deliver the "kitchen
> sink' when all we really want is just great burning software.
> I went back to Roxio 7.
> Frank

Frank

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> I wonder if they ever actually _listen_ to the community? Apparently not,
> from all indications. I don't give a darn about all that fancy stuff they
> keep adding. I just want something that will reliably burn DVDs and burn
> images. If ISO Recorder did DVD, I'd be a happy camper.

Yep!
Frank

Charlie Russel - MVP

And it does, in Vista, BTW. (Alex piggybacks on underlying support in the OS
for what he does, rather than writing his own driver. XP has no support for
writing DVDs, thus no support in XP for ISO Recorder writing to DVDs.
Bummer, but there it is.)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Frank wrote:
> Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
>> I wonder if they ever actually _listen_ to the community? Apparently not,
>> from all indications. I don't give a darn about all that fancy stuff they
>> keep adding. I just want something that will reliably burn DVDs and burn
>> images. If ISO Recorder did DVD, I'd be a happy camper.
>>

> Yep!
> Frank

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I agree that ISO Burning should be built into the OS, its just a logical
step I think. But probably its best left as an add-on, they probably have
done some studies to show that not a lot of persons are using such a tool to
justify bundling with the operating system.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And it does, in Vista, BTW. (Alex piggybacks on underlying support in the
> OS for what he does, rather than writing his own driver. XP has no support
> for writing DVDs, thus no support in XP for ISO Recorder writing to DVDs.
> Bummer, but there it is.)
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Frank wrote:
>> Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
>>> I wonder if they ever actually _listen_ to the community? Apparently
>>> not,
>>> from all indications. I don't give a darn about all that fancy stuff
>>> they
>>> keep adding. I just want something that will reliably burn DVDs and burn
>>> images. If ISO Recorder did DVD, I'd be a happy camper.
>>>

>> Yep!
>> Frank

David R. Norton MVP

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> I agree that ISO Burning should be built into the OS,

Absolutely positively NOT! Microsoft has enough people suing them w/o
adding Nero and Roxio and everyone else making burning software taking
them to court.