Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Setup Can't See My SATA Drive

x64 Setup Can't See My SATA Drive

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBC?=

I not sure what your pcs problem is. I have an ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE
motherboard with 1 gig of ram and only a 160 GB SATA Drive and it installed
the XP Pro 64bit the first time no problems. No floppy was installed at the
time installation, that was installed later to do bio updates that i have yet
to do.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> True, I don't ever use the small form factor boards. And they mostly haven't
> been in the x64 space yet. But then use a USB floppy. Should be able to find
> one for about $35 USD. A lot cheaper than mucking around with trying to
> integrate the drivers and getting them all working. Admittedly, not as much
> fun.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Mark Gillespie wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:08:48 -0000, Charlie Russel - MVP
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Haven't actually seen a board w/o a floppy connector, but I suppose it's
> >> possible. In which case, use USB. It should work if the BIOS is well
> >> designed.
> >>

> > I have one here, not a x64 capable board, but they do exist, more so, that
> > small form factor is becoming more common...

> .

=?Utf-8?B?U3VlIGluIEZsb3JpZGE=?=

It can see it on my Epox krda3+pro but what I found is if you've got both
sata and pata in the system it wants to default to install on the pata drive
no matter what boot order you've got set in your bios, therefore, my advice
is disconnect all hard drives except the one you want to load the os on and
then hook them back up after 64 bit has loaded up for the first time. This
worked for me.