Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Porting Vonage to voip.co.uk

Porting Vonage to voip.co.uk

Herman

Just a bit of information for any who have ported numbers from Vonage to
voip.co.uk.

I had about 3 or 4 calls today from numbers I didn't recognise followed by a
call from Vonage tech support. I believe that Vonage have re-allocated my
ported number, as their system did not realise it had been ported away.

The next step which is very likely to happen of course is for them to try to
grab the number back... Knowing that voip.co.uk were able to do it without
the intervention of any other party (including their carrier,Gamma, which is
also used by Vonage) I think I am likely to lose the use of my inbound
number in the next couple of days. This could be interesting trying to get
it back again...

Adrian

On Mar 27, 5:06 am, "Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Just a bit of information for any who have ported numbers from Vonage to
> voip.co.uk.
>
> I had about 3 or 4 calls today from numbers I didn't recognise followed by a
> call from Vonage tech support. I believe that Vonage have re-allocated my
> ported number, as their system did not realise it had been ported away.
>
> The next step which is very likely to happen of course is for them to try to
> grab the number back... Knowing that voip.co.uk were able to do it without
> the intervention of any other party (including their carrier,Gamma, which is
> also used by Vonage) I think I am likely to lose the use of my inbound
> number in the next couple of days. This could be interesting trying to get
> it back again...

Since I am pondering making the same move, I would appreciate your
keeping us updated on this one!

Adrian

Herman

"Adrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Mar 27, 5:06 am, "Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Just a bit of information for any who have ported numbers from Vonage to
>> voip.co.uk.
>>
>> I had about 3 or 4 calls today from numbers I didn't recognise followed
>> by a
>> call from Vonage tech support. I believe that Vonage have re-allocated
>> my
>> ported number, as their system did not realise it had been ported away.
>>
>> The next step which is very likely to happen of course is for them to try
>> grab the number back... Knowing that voip.co.uk were able to do it
>> without
>> the intervention of any other party (including their carrier,Gamma, which
>> is
>> also used by Vonage) I think I am likely to lose the use of my inbound
>> number in the next couple of days. This could be interesting trying to
>> get
>> it back again...

> Since I am pondering making the same move, I would appreciate your
> keeping us updated on this one!
>
> Adrian

Will do. On the positive side, Chris from voip.co.uk is telling me he is
confident it won't be an issue. We'll see!

In any case I think it is still worth the risk, as they are not allowed to
grab the number which means it should be relatively easy to grab it back if
it does happen. All depends on the controls Gamma have got in place, I
guess.

Bypass

Herman wrote:
> Just a bit of information for any who have ported numbers from Vonage to
> voip.co.uk.
>
> I had about 3 or 4 calls today from numbers I didn't recognise followed by a
> call from Vonage tech support. I believe that Vonage have re-allocated my
> ported number, as their system did not realise it had been ported away.
>
> The next step which is very likely to happen of course is for them to try to
> grab the number back... Knowing that voip.co.uk were able to do it without
> the intervention of any other party (including their carrier,Gamma, which is
> also used by Vonage) I think I am likely to lose the use of my inbound
> number in the next couple of days. This could be interesting trying to get
> it back again...

That's interesting. Voip.co.uk tell me that they don't have any porting
arrangements with any service provider other than BT.

Are they spinning me a yarn, then?

Herman

"Bypass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Herman wrote:
>> Just a bit of information for any who have ported numbers from Vonage to
>> voip.co.uk.
>>
>> I had about 3 or 4 calls today from numbers I didn't recognise followed
>> by a call from Vonage tech support. I believe that Vonage have
>> re-allocated my ported number, as their system did not realise it had
>> been ported away.
>>
>> The next step which is very likely to happen of course is for them to try
>> to grab the number back... Knowing that voip.co.uk were able to do it
>> without the intervention of any other party (including their
>> carrier,Gamma, which is also used by Vonage) I think I am likely to lose
>> the use of my inbound number in the next couple of days. This could be
>> interesting trying to get it back again...

> That's interesting. Voip.co.uk tell me that they don't have any porting
> arrangements with any service provider other than BT.
>
> Are they spinning me a yarn, then?

They don't *need* a porting agreement with Vonage as it is the same carrier
(Gamma)

Clavox@lancs.no-ip.co.uk

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:11:13 +0100, Bypass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Herman wrote:
>> Just a bit of information for any who have ported numbers from Vonage to
>> voip.co.uk.
>>
>> I had about 3 or 4 calls today from numbers I didn't recognise followed by a
>> call from Vonage tech support. I believe that Vonage have re-allocated my
>> ported number, as their system did not realise it had been ported away.
>>
>> The next step which is very likely to happen of course is for them to try to
>> grab the number back... Knowing that voip.co.uk were able to do it without
>> the intervention of any other party (including their carrier,Gamma, which is
>> also used by Vonage) I think I am likely to lose the use of my inbound
>> number in the next couple of days. This could be interesting trying to get
>> it back again...
>>

>That's interesting. Voip.co.uk tell me that they don't have any porting
>arrangements with any service provider other than BT.
>
>Are they spinning me a yarn, then?

Ported my two Vonage numbers across a little while ago no problem and
never heard from Vonage since , who did you talk to at voip.co.uk it
certainly wouldn't have been Chris unless something as changed at
voip.co.uk recently .

Bypass

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-ip.co.uk wrote:

> Ported my two Vonage numbers across a little while ago no problem and
> never heard from Vonage since , who did you talk to at voip.co.uk it
> certainly wouldn't have been Chris unless something as changed at
> voip.co.uk recently .

As it happens it was Chris. I've got 'serious' problems with all calls
dropping out on voip.co.uk. I've posted to technical support and after
the initial response, 'it shouldn't happen anymore', they tend to ignore
the tickets I raise.

arrangement with BT. And that's where I came in.

Paul Cupis

Bypass wrote:
> arrangement with BT. And that's where I came in.

If they both use the same wholesaler, porting will not really come into
it. Porting is an arrangement between range holders more than anything else.

Bypass

Paul Cupis wrote:
> Bypass wrote:
>> arrangement with BT. And that's where I came in.

> If they both use the same wholesaler, porting will not really come into
> it. Porting is an arrangement between range holders more than anything
> else.

Thanks Paul. So what question should I be asking voip.co.uk if I want
to 'move' my numbers to a different provider?

Clavox@lancs.no-ip.co.uk

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:25:49 +0100, Bypass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've posted to technical support and after
>the initial response, 'it shouldn't happen anymore', they tend to ignore
>the tickets I raise.

Speak directly with Chris sod posting and emailing this is another
reason why I hate Sipgate no voice contact number supplied ,the call
will be free and if Chris can't sort out the problem no one can.Unless
of course it isn't down to them maybe your bb connection or ATA you
are using or something .
>arrangement with BT. And that's where I came in.

It was a post here from Herman that got me thinking about porting my
Vonage numbers in the first place ,I contacted Chris at lunchtime the
next day and by 5 pm one line was with voip.co.uk but it took them two
day to get the second line across .
Now with all the problems Vonage are having in the states with Verison
they have put a stop to letting their numbers walk or something .

Re: Vonage question - multiple sockets on vonage Graham. UK VOIP 1 02-11-2010 07:49 PM
Re: Vonage question - multiple sockets on vonage Gordon Henderson UK VOIP 0 02-11-2010 03:01 PM
Porting Vonage numbers Herman UK VOIP 15 01-09-2007 09:33 PM
Advice for Porting existing VB.NET App to ASP.Net Web Application Nate ASP .Net 2 02-18-2004 01:18 AM
HELP - Porting to .NET path? Overworked ASP .Net 2 01-23-2004 10:15 PM

Advertisments