Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Measure simulation time in VHDL.

Reply
Thread Tools

Measure simulation time in VHDL.

 
 
harisrini@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2007
Hello All,
I was wondering whether there is a way to measure the simulation time
of an event in VHDL.

I am using modelsim simulator with the VHDL capabilites.

To put the same question other way, is there a $time equivalent of
verilog calls in VHDL?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Hariharan K Srinivasan.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ben Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2007

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello All,
> I was wondering whether there is a way to measure the simulation time
> of an event in VHDL.
>
> I am using modelsim simulator with the VHDL capabilites.
>
> To put the same question other way, is there a $time equivalent of
> verilog calls in VHDL?


The built-in VHDL function "now" (which takes no parameters) returns the
current simulation time. Is that what you're looking for?

Cheers,

-Ben-


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sathya
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2007
On Mar 27, 2:35 pm, "Ben Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > Hello All,
> > I was wondering whether there is a way to measure the simulation time
> > of an event in VHDL.

>
> > I am using modelsim simulator with the VHDL capabilites.

>
> > To put the same question other way, is there a $time equivalent of
> > verilog calls in VHDL?

>
> The built-in VHDL function "now" (which takes no parameters) returns the
> current simulation time. Is that what you're looking for?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Ben-


hello all.. please excuse me for my silly doubt..
im really new to VHDL. How do u find help for VHDL online...
Could anyone please tell me how to solve this problem ?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ajeetha (www.noveldv.com)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2007
On Mar 31, 7:17 pm, "sathya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2:35 pm, "Ben Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...

>
> > > Hello All,
> > > I was wondering whether there is a way to measure the simulation time
> > > of an event in VHDL.

>
> > > I am using modelsim simulator with the VHDL capabilites.

>
> > > To put the same question other way, is there a $time equivalent of
> > > verilog calls in VHDL?

>
> > The built-in VHDL function "now" (which takes no parameters) returns the
> > current simulation time. Is that what you're looking for?

>
> > Cheers,

>
> > -Ben-

>
> hello all.. please excuse me for my silly doubt..
> im really new to VHDL. How do u find help for VHDL online...
> Could anyone please tell me how to solve this problem ?


By using Google

Also see: www.vhdl.org/comp.lang.vhdl

Regards
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Treseler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2007
sathya wrote:

> im really new to VHDL. How do u find help for VHDL online...


Ask a question about VHDL.

-- Mike Treseler
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with post-route simulation / timing simulation jasperng VHDL 0 11-27-2008 06:23 AM
how to get wallclock time between any two events (not simulation time) in vhdl kevs VHDL 3 05-17-2008 05:16 PM
Re: How to measure execution time of a program Fredrik Lundh Python 4 06-28-2006 03:05 PM
How to measure execution time of a program Girish Sahani Python 0 06-28-2006 07:52 AM
any classes help me to measure some program segment runing time. Peng Yu C++ 7 03-29-2005 04:07 AM



Advertisments