Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Converting from VCR tape format to AVI or mpg format on my hard drive

Re: Converting from VCR tape format to AVI or mpg format on my hard drive

Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

>I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and convert
>them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.

>Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to http://www.mypeopletv.com

>Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?

Look at Plextor convertx

me

"Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) eriade.it...
> >I need a program that will take video from my VCR tapes and convert
>>them to an AVI, MPEG, MPG file on my computer.

>>Then I can upload the clip to youtube, or to http://www.mypeopletv.com

>>Any suggestions for excellent software that can do that?

> Look at Plextor convertx

The Plextor ConvertX is not software,it is a device. I have one and it works
good.

Maurice

If you can digitize your footage (even Windows Movie Maker or the Mac
equivalent) then the best software package by far is Canopus ProCoder
www.canopus.com
however it is not cheap.There is a lite version, ProCoder Express, at much
lower cost and it is just as effective but without so many options or speed
but if it does the job......! There is also TMPGenc and there may still be a
free version of that available www.tmpgenc.com

Maurice

news:thwOh.1604$(E-Mail Removed)...