Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to handle browser back button with Ajax

How to handle browser back button with Ajax

verci

Hi guys,

I'm running VS2005, AP.net 2.0, Windows XP SP2

Ok this maybe a dumb question but here it goes, as a newbie I've just
finished my first AJAX enable page, everything works great but, until I
press the back and forward buttons in my browser then the AJAX magic is lost
alongside with all the data in my AJAX controls when I tried to get back to
the AJAX page, can anybody help me solve this issue, I've read that this is
the expected behavior of AJAX but have not been able to find a solution.

Best Regards

Masudur

On Mar 27, 11:38 am, "verci" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm running VS2005, AP.net 2.0, Windows XP SP2
>
> Ok this maybe a dumb question but here it goes, as a newbie I've just
> finished my first AJAX enable page, everything works great but, until I
> press the back and forward buttons in my browser then the AJAX magic is lost
> alongside with all the data in my AJAX controls when I tried to get back to
> the AJAX page, can anybody help me solve this issue, I've read that this is
> the expected behavior of AJAX but have not been able to find a solution.
>
> Best Regards

Hi....

We have discussed about this issue before ...
Please check out this Issue

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...598f3abd04d1f6

Thanks...

Thanks...
Masudur
http://www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.blogspot.com

bruce barker

you can use the google approach. they run the site in an iframe, which
javascript monitors (their history widget). they support history tokens,
and nav forward/back via the iframe.

note: while css purists hate frames/iframe, ajax sites use them a lot.
you can run async javascript threads via iframes, and maintain client
state between page flips.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)