Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Vista 5308 64bit

Windows Vista 5308 64bit

=?Utf-8?B?SGVtYW50aA==?=

Hi I installed Windows Vista 5308 Beta 64bit on my Acer 5002 WLMi. It took a
massive 10GB hard disk space. The first window I got after running it had a
'Not Responding' message! Windows Vista has an amazing look with a lot of
softwares pre installed. So you don't have to install softwares such as
Windows Defender later on. I tried installing the drivers I installed for
Windows XP X64. The AC97 driver got installed perfectly. The SIS VGA driver
was giving some repeated errors during installation but still the files and
drivers were installed. Sadly, the SIS VGA (SIS M760GX) is highly unstable on
vista. My 802.11b/g driver failed to install.

Has anyone of you tried installing Windows Vista? Please let me know your
experience.

Hemanth

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

The vista newsgroups would be a better place to ask this.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Hemanth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I installed Windows Vista 5308 Beta 64bit on my Acer 5002 WLMi. It
> took a
> massive 10GB hard disk space. The first window I got after running it had
> 'Not Responding' message! Windows Vista has an amazing look with a lot of
> softwares pre installed. So you don't have to install softwares such as
> Windows Defender later on. I tried installing the drivers I installed for
> Windows XP X64. The AC97 driver got installed perfectly. The SIS VGA
> driver
> was giving some repeated errors during installation but still the files
> and
> drivers were installed. Sadly, the SIS VGA (SIS M760GX) is highly unstable
> on
> vista. My 802.11b/g driver failed to install.
>
> Has anyone of you tried installing Windows Vista? Please let me know your
> experience.
>
> Hemanth

=?Utf-8?B?SGVtYW50aA==?=

hi
what is the link?
Hemanth

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> The vista newsgroups would be a better place to ask this.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Hemanth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi I installed Windows Vista 5308 Beta 64bit on my Acer 5002 WLMi. It
> > took a
> > massive 10GB hard disk space. The first window I got after running it had
> > 'Not Responding' message! Windows Vista has an amazing look with a lot of
> > softwares pre installed. So you don't have to install softwares such as
> > Windows Defender later on. I tried installing the drivers I installed for
> > Windows XP X64. The AC97 driver got installed perfectly. The SIS VGA
> > driver
> > was giving some repeated errors during installation but still the files
> > and
> > drivers were installed. Sadly, the SIS VGA (SIS M760GX) is highly unstable
> > on
> > vista. My 802.11b/g driver failed to install.
> >
> > Has anyone of you tried installing Windows Vista? Please let me know your
> > experience.
> >
> > Hemanth

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Hemanth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> what is the link?
> Hemanth
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The vista newsgroups would be a better place to ask this.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Hemanth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi I installed Windows Vista 5308 Beta 64bit on my Acer 5002 WLMi. It
>> > took a
>> > massive 10GB hard disk space. The first window I got after running it
>> > had
>> > 'Not Responding' message! Windows Vista has an amazing look with a lot
>> > of
>> > softwares pre installed. So you don't have to install softwares such as
>> > Windows Defender later on. I tried installing the drivers I installed
>> > for
>> > Windows XP X64. The AC97 driver got installed perfectly. The SIS VGA
>> > driver
>> > was giving some repeated errors during installation but still the files
>> > and
>> > drivers were installed. Sadly, the SIS VGA (SIS M760GX) is highly
>> > unstable
>> > on
>> > vista. My 802.11b/g driver failed to install.
>> >
>> > Has anyone of you tried installing Windows Vista? Please let me know
>> > your
>> > experience.
>> >
>> > Hemanth

mikeyhsd

refresh the news groups list on your account.