Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Memory allocation on 64 bits platform...

Memory allocation on 64 bits platform...

Rubens Naves

What is the correct procedure to configure 6GB of memory allocation on
64bits plataform?

We are using ...

* Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition 64 bits (two nodes cluster)
* SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition 64 bits (active/active)
* Two Proliants 585 (4 way dual core Opteron processors, 8 gb RAM)

Do I need to configure AWE? How does it work on 64bits platform?

Thanks a lot.

Charlie Russel - MVP

You don't need to configura AWE - it's completely unnecessary. Your SQL
Server should see all the memory you have available. With a 64-bit OS the
memory is directly addressable - no tricks need to be done, and since your
SQL is 64-bit as well, there should be no issues.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Rubens Naves wrote:
> What is the correct procedure to configure 6GB of memory allocation on
> 64bits plataform?
>
> We are using ...
>
> * Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition 64 bits (two nodes cluster)
> * SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition 64 bits (active/active)
> * Two Proliants 585 (4 way dual core Opteron processors, 8 gb RAM)
>
> Do I need to configure AWE? How does it work on 64bits platform?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Rubens Naves

thanks a lot
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...