Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > My upgrade from evaluation to full went well...

My upgrade from evaluation to full went well...

Larry Hodges

Ok, upgrade went reasonably smooth. I upgraded from within Windows rather
than booting off the CD. Chose the option to upgrade from there.

The one issue I had was when prompted for my nForce mobo drivers. For those
of you without a 2nd computer, make sure you DL the drivers and unzip them
on a CD before upgrading. Fortunately, I have other workstations, so I
created a CD on one of them.

The other issue was that during the installation of the mobo drivers, the
USB won't work until the driver installation is complete. Which means...if
you have your keyboard and mouse plugged into USB, you're sunk. I had to
dig up the USB / PS2 converters that I had deep in my junk drawer so I could
reboot and be able to click through the installation.

Otherwise, all is well.

-Larry

Tony Sperling

Yes, I remember the day. Surprisingly uneventful here as well. The process,
though, is the same if you do it by Booting off the CD, or from inside
Windows, your chosen method saves you from seing the option to do the
'repair install' since that is what is happening anyway when the machine
re-boots.

Your reminders are timely - in fact, this is what everyone should
immediately do when they bring home that machine and have taken the decision
to go 64bit.

Greetings.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..