Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How do I enter my new Product Key?

How do I enter my new Product Key?

Larry Hodges

I got my new version of x64. It's seems to be an academic version, which
Royaldiscount.com didn't disclose. But that's ok at this point. Tomorrow I
expire.

But how do I enter the Product Key to unlock my current x64? Or do I
actually have to do an upgrade with this disk?

-Larry

DP

you actually have to install it from your new CD.

"Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I got my new version of x64. It's seems to be an academic version, which
>Royaldiscount.com didn't disclose. But that's ok at this point. Tomorrow
>I expire.
>
> But how do I enter the Product Key to unlock my current x64? Or do I
> actually have to do an upgrade with this disk?
>
> -Larry

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I don't think thats possible, what could do is use that new copy of XP Pro
x64 and do a repair upgrade by booting off the CD and accept the F8 license
agreement and do a repair upgrade.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I got my new version of x64. It's seems to be an academic version, which
>Royaldiscount.com didn't disclose. But that's ok at this point. Tomorrow
>I expire.
>
> But how do I enter the Product Key to unlock my current x64? Or do I
> actually have to do an upgrade with this disk?
>
> -Larry

Martin S.

Don't forget, backup your data before attempting any kind of installation or
upgrade.