Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > anybody has found drivers for HP Scanjet 4670 for winXP-64??

anybody has found drivers for HP Scanjet 4670 for winXP-64??

Corsair

the subject it's clear.

does anyone found these drivers??, I by the moment haven't done it.
--
brgds/Corsair

Tony Sperling

I am not at all sure about the pure scanners - have you tried accesssing it
through the 'Cameras and Scanners' applet in Control Pnael? My PSC 2355
works flawlessly and does first rate scanning that way, I used the Pre-Beta
drivers from PlanetAMD64.com - not everything is supported, and as I said -
the pure scanners I am doubtfull about.

Tony. . .

"Corsair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e5%(E-Mail Removed)...
> the subject it's clear.
>
> does anyone found these drivers??, I by the moment haven't done it.
> --
> brgds/Corsair

Corsair

I can't fin anything about the scanjets in planetAMD64, do you know the
exact link??

Corsair

>I am not at all sure about the pure scanners - have you tried accesssing it
>through the 'Cameras and Scanners' applet in Control Pnael? My PSC 2355
>works flawlessly and does first rate scanning that way, I used the Pre-Beta
>drivers from PlanetAMD64.com - not everything is supported, and as I said -
>the pure scanners I am doubtfull about.
>
> Tony. . .
>

>> the subject it's clear.
>>
>> does anyone found these drivers??, I by the moment haven't done it.
>> --
>> brgds/Corsair

Rick

There is not a single link. You select the Search option and type in
scanjet. I got back 2 pages of references to "scanjet"

Corsair wrote:
> I can't fin anything about the scanjets in planetAMD64, do you know the
> exact link??
>
> Corsair
>
>> I am not at all sure about the pure scanners - have you tried accesssing it
>> through the 'Cameras and Scanners' applet in Control Pnael? My PSC 2355
>> works flawlessly and does first rate scanning that way, I used the Pre-Beta
>> drivers from PlanetAMD64.com - not everything is supported, and as I said -
>> the pure scanners I am doubtfull about.
>>
>> Tony. . .
>>

>>> the subject it's clear.
>>>
>>> does anyone found these drivers??, I by the moment haven't done it.
>>> --
>>> brgds/Corsair

Tony Sperling

I forgot to mention: although, it is completely free, you'll have to log
in - then go to Downloads | Windows drivers and App's | Miscellaneous and
there the file is

HP 5.64.0.12 (1/3 REPOST) Inkjet printers pre-beta -

that is the one I used, inside somewhere there was listed what was supposed
to be supported. This is Pre-Beta - this means that nobody at HP will
acknowledge it's existence, if you have to contact support for any reason it
will probably serve you well not to mention it there.

Do note - the installer is a bit involved, midway through it launches the
Windows System Installer you will have to complete that one in the sequence
that it is happening and when you finish, the HP Installer will continue -
when you reach this point do not think that something just broke, and do not
cancel anything. Note too that the HP installer is scrutinizing your system
and it can take quite some time, if your hardware isn't listed I would think
it safe to try it out anyway and let it decide for it's self. If it hits the
wall it will uninstall everything it did up to that point and exit
gracefully, in my experience.

It may be worthwhile to install the HP 32bit software that you may rely upon
(Hp Director and Image Zone) I don't think they use any 64bit resources and
they may help you operate the scanner if it turns out well.

Good luck!

Tony. . .

news:OkxE$(E-Mail Removed)...