Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Acronis True Image 9.0

Acronis True Image 9.0

PaulM

This is what i receive from Acronis:

Please note that the new version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Enterprise Server
will support Windows XP 64x operating systems. We expect the release of this
new version in the nearest time.

You can obtain Acronis True Image basic functionality of imaging and
restoring by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto a Windows 32-bit
machine and creating an Acronis True Image Bootable CD. You can then
uninstall Acronis True Image. As the Acronis True Image Bootable CD boots
you into the Linux environment you can use it to back up and restore your
64-bit OS.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to
contact us at your earliest convenience with the details and we will do our
best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Charlie Russel - MVP

That's what I did on my machine, and it worked just fine. Once you have the
Acronis boot CD, you're basically OS independent.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

PaulM wrote:
> This is what i receive from Acronis:
>
> Please note that the new version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Enterprise
> Server will support Windows XP 64x operating systems. We expect the
> release of this new version in the nearest time.
>
> You can obtain Acronis True Image basic functionality of imaging and
> restoring by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto a Windows
> 32-bit machine and creating an Acronis True Image Bootable CD. You can
> then uninstall Acronis True Image. As the Acronis True Image Bootable CD
> boots you into the Linux environment you can use it to back up and
> restore your 64-bit OS.
>
> If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to
> contact us at your earliest convenience with the details and we will do
> our best to help you as soon as possible.
>

> Thank you.

mal1930

HI, I found out the boot CD worked fine t oo and have used it to restore
my system once. Peace

--
mal1930
mal1930's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1811