Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can't save OE password

Can't save OE password

DP

The option to save the password for my email account is grayed out in OE.
Is this a known X64 issue? Seems I read somewhere that OE is still 32-bit,
not 64-bit. Is that the cause?

So each time I use OE, before it scans for mail it asks for my email
address, which comes up automatically, and for my password, which is blank
and has to be filled in every time. And it won't let me click the box below
the password that would allow the pw to be saved.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Go to Tools > Accounts > Mail (tab) > select the account > click Properties
> Server (tab) under Mail server, type in the Log in name and Password and

check the Remember password box > click OK.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uQ%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The option to save the password for my email account is grayed out in OE.
> Is this a known X64 issue? Seems I read somewhere that OE is still 32-bit,
> not 64-bit. Is that the cause?
>
> So each time I use OE, before it scans for mail it asks for my email
> address, which comes up automatically, and for my password, which is blank
> and has to be filled in every time. And it won't let me click the box
> below the password that would allow the pw to be saved.

DP

Wow. That was easy. Thanks.
I think I'd done that for news accounts earlier, but for some reason missed
that for mail accounts.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Go to Tools > Accounts > Mail (tab) > select the account > click
> Properties
> > Server (tab) under Mail server, type in the Log in name and Password and

> check the Remember password box > click OK.
> Andre
> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uQ%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The option to save the password for my email account is grayed out in OE.
>> Is this a known X64 issue? Seems I read somewhere that OE is still
>> 32-bit, not 64-bit. Is that the cause?
>>
>> So each time I use OE, before it scans for mail it asks for my email
>> address, which comes up automatically, and for my password, which is
>> blank and has to be filled in every time. And it won't let me click the
>> box below the password that would allow the pw to be saved.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I was having a similar issue with accounts in OE few weeks, so I just
applied past experience here.