Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP x64 Concerns/Curiosities

XP x64 Concerns/Curiosities

monique Mair

Just bought a new system still in the box, contemplating trying the x64, I
don't find much info on hardware requirements etc. I have a 64 processor,
SiS 760GX & 964 Chipset on a ECS 761GX-M754, Sockel 754, mATX Mainbd.
Onboard
graphic, net blah, blah..... How do I know if this is gonna work? Drivers
seem to be an issue, How do I know if drivers are availible? System came
with all Drivers for XP Pro. I can't really mess anything up can I? It's
a clean new
system, I have printer to install (HP Photo, and a Laser) other than
that I gave the old computer to the X with
programs and all. I#m starting a new life with a new machine!
Should I just go for it and try to install, It will show immediatly if it is
not gonna work right? I have the OS on a CD burned from .iso (I know how to
do that!) .

John Barnes

Under the circumstances, certainly go for it. Just make sure ALL hardware
you add has drivers available. You should check to the extent possible what
software will work on x64. There is a UK gaming site that has a fairly good
list of compatible programs.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...