Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > InCD and XP64

InCD and XP64

Flow

I installed Nero 7 Ultra edition on XP64 and I immediately noticed in the
"Custom" installation that, by default, InCD was not going to be installed.
I checked it and installed it anyway to find out later that it will not work
with XP64. My question is:

What is InCD and is it woth the trouble to get it to work? Thanks.

Tony Sperling

It was quite nice, as I remember. Let's you use any R/W as a kind of floppy
f.ex - And no trouble at all, it will not work!

Tony. . .

"Flow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed Nero 7 Ultra edition on XP64 and I immediately noticed in the
>"Custom" installation that, by default, InCD was not going to be installed.
>I checked it and installed it anyway to find out later that it will not
>work with XP64. My question is:
>
> What is InCD and is it woth the trouble to get it to work? Thanks.

Patrick

I believe that it is use for formatting readable/writable media.

"Flow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I installed Nero 7 Ultra edition on XP64 and I immediately noticed in the
> "Custom" installation that, by default, InCD was not going to be

installed.
> I checked it and installed it anyway to find out later that it will not

work
> with XP64. My question is:
>
> What is InCD and is it woth the trouble to get it to work? Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP

InCD is a form of packet writing software. Which tells you next to nothing,
I know. What it does is put a file system on to the CD/DVD that allows you
to treat it as a removeable disk, including drag and drop of files. In that
sense, it's very handy. But the history of this kind of packet writing
software has been very mixed. Almost all of them have been highly unstable
at one or more points in their history. Roxio's was a major problem when XP
first released, but it eventually got much better. At this point, the only
equivalent software that supports x64 that I'm aware of is the Roxio
version. The Nero InCD won't work until Ahead writes a new driver that
supports it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Flow wrote:
> I installed Nero 7 Ultra edition on XP64 and I immediately noticed in the
> "Custom" installation that, by default, InCD was not going to be
> installed. I checked it and installed it anyway to find out later that it
> will not work with XP64. My question is:
>
> What is InCD and is it woth the trouble to get it to work? Thanks.

Flow

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> InCD is a form of packet writing software. Which tells you next to
> nothing, I know. What it does is put a file system on to the CD/DVD that
> allows you to treat it as a removeable disk, including drag and drop of
> files. In that sense, it's very handy. But the history of this kind of
> packet writing software has been very mixed. Almost all of them have been
> highly unstable at one or more points in their history. Roxio's was a
> major problem when XP first released, but it eventually got much better.
> At this point, the only equivalent software that supports x64 that I'm
> aware of is the Roxio version. The Nero InCD won't work until Ahead writes
> a new driver that supports it.

Thank you.

xp64 trial version & xp64 beta version install =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBXZWJzdGVy?= Windows 64bit 7 01-08-2006 01:29 AM
OEM xp64 v. Trial xp64 ? Soma11 Windows 64bit 4 05-22-2005 08:00 PM
InCD formatting AtoZ Computer Support 1 05-06-2004 09:23 AM
What is InCD... Does it work simultaneously in all XP User accounts? Gunjani Computer Support 0 03-08-2004 12:12 AM
InCD at Startup Mekaz Inoz Computer Support 5 09-30-2003 05:32 PM

Advertisments