Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ? Dual Boot x64 and Win98SE

? Dual Boot x64 and Win98SE

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk

As the only other OS I have is Win98SE I wonder if anyone knows if
that would work OK.

I only need to dual boot to work my Canoscan 3200F and to be able to
Hotsynch my Palm Zire 71 PDA, as neither Canon nor Palm seem
interested in producing X64 drivers.

John Barnes

It will work just fine.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As the only other OS I have is Win98SE I wonder if anyone knows if
> that would work OK.
>
> I only need to dual boot to work my Canoscan 3200F and to be able to
> Hotsynch my Palm Zire 71 PDA, as neither Canon nor Palm seem
> interested in producing X64 drivers.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Should work fine. But how about trying something a bit different - use
VMWare to virtualize a Win98 session when you need one. All the benefits
without having to reboot twice.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> As the only other OS I have is Win98SE I wonder if anyone knows if
> that would work OK.
>
> I only need to dual boot to work my Canoscan 3200F and to be able to
> Hotsynch my Palm Zire 71 PDA, as neither Canon nor Palm seem
> interested in producing X64 drivers.

Rick

VMWare is a good solution and I have found from using it my self that
you get better performance if you build the virtual setup with the free
Server and then run it with the VMWare Player. Unfortunately you cannot
run the Player on a system you have the Server installed on. The
Player doesn't use up resources like the Server does.

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> Should work fine. But how about trying something a bit different - use
> VMWare to virtualize a Win98 session when you need one. All the benefits
> without having to reboot twice.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Interesting. I haven't used the player, since my main need is something that
requires being able to edit the VMs.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64