Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Serial to usb generic driver?

Serial to usb generic driver?

=?Utf-8?B?aWFuc2lja282NjY=?=

Hi,please,oh please tell me someone here knows of a generic serial to usb
driver.!
I recently got a "Belkin Serial to Usb Adapter (FSU103)" but as usual when i
went to the manufactuers website,guess what ,NO xp-64 driver!They have a
xp-32 bit driver,but no plans on makeing a xp 64 bit driver....Because a
serial to usb adapter seems to me to be such a simple thing surely someone
must know of a "generic" xp64 driver that i could install...Hell i asked
Belkin and they said ask microsoft,so i ask microsoft and they tell me to
contact microsoft uk,i contacted them and they said ask on this news
group!When i did a net search i found alot of hits but they were all for
linux generic 64-bit drivers,surely there must be ONE xp-64 bit driver
somewhere i could try????Someone help me!
Thanks ian...
--
iansicko666 by tag,and a real ian-sicko-666 by nature!

Rick

What are you wanting to use this with? I think it depends on the
hardware whether you need a driver or not. I know there was a driver
for the Palm serial-USB adapter, but none was required for my UPS when I
bought a serial-USB cable for it.

iansicko666 wrote:
> Hi,please,oh please tell me someone here knows of a generic serial to usb
> driver.!
> I recently got a "Belkin Serial to Usb Adapter (FSU103)" but as usual when i
> went to the manufactuers website,guess what ,NO xp-64 driver!They have a
> xp-32 bit driver,but no plans on makeing a xp 64 bit driver....Because a
> serial to usb adapter seems to me to be such a simple thing surely someone
> must know of a "generic" xp64 driver that i could install...Hell i asked
> Belkin and they said ask microsoft,so i ask microsoft and they tell me to
> contact microsoft uk,i contacted them and they said ask on this news
> group!When i did a net search i found alot of hits but they were all for
> linux generic 64-bit drivers,surely there must be ONE xp-64 bit driver
> somewhere i could try????Someone help me!
> Thanks ian...

Marc Loiry

Try http://www.ftdichip.com/
May be you could buy a US232B cable style converter
http://apple.clickandbuild.com/cnb/s...B+RS232+cables
and download the x64 driver from their site.

Marc.

"iansicko666" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,please,oh please tell me someone here knows of a generic serial to usb
> driver.!
> I recently got a "Belkin Serial to Usb Adapter (FSU103)" but as usual when
> went to the manufactuers website,guess what ,NO xp-64 driver!They have a
> xp-32 bit driver,but no plans on makeing a xp 64 bit driver....Because a
> serial to usb adapter seems to me to be such a simple thing surely someone
> must know of a "generic" xp64 driver that i could install...Hell i asked
> Belkin and they said ask microsoft,so i ask microsoft and they tell me to
> contact microsoft uk,i contacted them and they said ask on this news
> group!When i did a net search i found alot of hits but they were all for
> linux generic 64-bit drivers,surely there must be ONE xp-64 bit driver
> somewhere i could try????Someone help me!
> Thanks ian...
> --
> iansicko666 by tag,and a real ian-sicko-666 by nature!

=?Utf-8?B?aWFuc2lja282NjY=?=

Thanks for the info,lol,even though it past over my head at great speed!
What i was trying to do was connect my wacom intuos graphics tablet (serial
connecter) to a Belkin Adapter which in turn was meant to connect to the usb
port on my pc.
The wacom tablet works perfectly with its own 64 bit drivers when connected
directly to my pc.But the belkin driver is not 64bit and belkin told me they
wouldnt make a 64bit driver.
The reasons why i wanted the adapter to work to increase the length between
the tablet and pc,while also meaning i could simpley disconnect the adapter
from pc if tablet not needed ,without blowing the port up!