Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Email from Explorer

Email from Explorer

R Bartley

For some reason when I try to email a file from windows explorer using "Send
To" "Mail Recipent" the darn "internet connection wizard" starts, weird. On
my x86 machine when I do this it opens my Outlook 2003 MAPI client. Any
solution?

RBB

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

Outlook express is the 64 bit mail program (outlook is only 32bit)
so it is trying to get you set up oe to send and recieve mail.

Ken
---------------
"R Bartley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason when I try to email a file from windows explorer using
> "Send To" "Mail Recipent" the darn "internet connection wizard" starts,
> weird. On my x86 machine when I do this it opens my Outlook 2003 MAPI
> client. Any solution?
>
> RBB

Dominic Payer

See http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../19/54064.aspx

If you use the 32 bit Explorer from the "%windir%\syswow64 directory Send
To: Mail Recipient will open Outlook.

The alternative, as I'm sure you know, is to start with Outlook and attach
the file. Neither method is as convenient as using the standard 64 bit
Explorer, but 64 bit programs can't call 32 bit dlls.