Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > VDS Basic Provider 1.0 error ?

VDS Basic Provider 1.0 error ?

Peter Lawton

Whenever I open disc management on my XP x64 box the discs volumes show up
but with no drive letters, I also get this error in the System log:-

Source: VDS Basic Provider 1.0
Event ID: 1
Unexpected failure. Error code: 1@01010018

Both C: & D: volumes do show up in Explorer though and the machine is
working OK.

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?YWFhdmE=?=

Does anyone from Microsoft bother answering any of these questions? Or is
this going to be another one of those 'call M$, end up speaking to 11 people
over one month. Never get problem resolved', issues...

Sure seems like M$ didn't bother to reply to you. Sorry to hear that. I'm
having the same problem, only both external drives do NOT show up. I can
plug in one at a time, but not both. Of course, this is a m$ usb driver
issue, but seems they don't respond, and I am sure done with trying to ever
get answers for ANY of my questions from anyone at M$.. Billie, if you're out
there? You've become IBM. Worse than IBM. Customers can no longer talk to
someone that knows anything.

"Peter Lawton" wrote:

> Whenever I open disc management on my XP x64 box the discs volumes show up
> but with no drive letters, I also get this error in the System log:-
>
> Source: VDS Basic Provider 1.0
> Event ID: 1
> Unexpected failure. Error code: 1@01010018
>
> Both C: & D: volumes do show up in Explorer though and the machine is
> working OK.
>
> Anyone come across this before?
>
> Thanks

bjr

aaava wrote:
> Does anyone from Microsoft bother answering any of these questions? Or is
> this going to be another one of those 'call M$, end up speaking to 11 people
> over one month. Never get problem resolved', issues...
>
> Sure seems like M$ didn't bother to reply to you. Sorry to hear that. I'm
> having the same problem, only both external drives do NOT show up. I can
> plug in one at a time, but not both. Of course, this is a m$ usb driver
> issue, but seems they don't respond, and I am sure done with trying to ever
> get answers for ANY of my questions from anyone at M$.. Billie, if you're out
> there? You've become IBM. Worse than IBM. Customers can no longer talk to
> someone that knows anything.
>
> "Peter Lawton" wrote:
>
>> Whenever I open disc management on my XP x64 box the discs volumes show up
>> but with no drive letters, I also get this error in the System log:-
>>
>> Source: VDS Basic Provider 1.0
>> Event ID: 1
>> Unexpected failure. Error code: 1@01010018
>>
>> Both C: & D: volumes do show up in Explorer though and the machine is
>> working OK.
>>
>> Anyone come across this before?
>>
>> Thanks

Peter - I have this problem on an xp pro x64 installation also and have
not found a solution yet. On the same machine I have an xp pro x64 and
an xp pro x86 installed on other partitions that work fine.

Peter Lawton

I fixed it in the end by booting off the install CD and running a repair
installation, no idea what caused the problem originally I'm afraid though.

Peter Lawton

news:(E-Mail Removed)...