Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Dual boot

Dual boot

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=

I just installed windows 64 bit on a differnet hard drive. The boot drive has
windows xp 32. After installing 64 bit, Chkdsk tries to check the boot drive
and I cannot see that drive in once 64 has booted. I have 4 drives on this
controller, 2 striped for drive c and 2 striped for drive d. why can't 64 bit
see the first drive?

Randy

jg

are the hard drive device drivers properly installed and intact ( not
corrupted)?

C drive is not necessary the same drive in both OS. Usually they are.

"Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just installed windows 64 bit on a differnet hard drive. The boot drive
>has
> windows xp 32. After installing 64 bit, Chkdsk tries to check the boot
> drive
> and I cannot see that drive in once 64 has booted. I have 4 drives on
> this
> controller, 2 striped for drive c and 2 striped for drive d. why can't 64
> bit
> see the first drive?
>

> Randy

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=

I have installed the drivers from 64 bit windows. Should I reinstall by
booting from the cd with f6 and go back through installation? Drive c is
different on the wo operating systems. I went through this install once
before and let chkdsk runa nd it wiped out the xp 32bit installation. If
there is a way to reinstall the drivers for the Raid system, I would
appreciate details on how to do that correctly. I remeber during the
installation of the 64 bit system, I got an error as it was copying files
from the floppy the .cat files.

Randy