Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Trail version expired, can't install 32 bit version now.

Trail version expired, can't install 32 bit version now.

=?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=

My trial version expired and I'm trying to install my old windows xp and my
sysytem will not boot from a win xp 32 bit version now. Any sugestions?
--
jef

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Is your first boot device set to your optical drive? It won't boot if you
don't that.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My trial version expired and I'm trying to install my old windows xp and
> my
> sysytem will not boot from a win xp 32 bit version now. Any sugestions?
> --
> jef

John Barnes

It would be helpful if you told us the steps you have gone thru, the setup
of your computer, the place and error messages you get, etc.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is your first boot device set to your optical drive? It won't boot if you
> don't that.
> Andre
> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My trial version expired and I'm trying to install my old windows xp and
>> my
>> sysytem will not boot from a win xp 32 bit version now. Any sugestions?
>> --
>> jef

=?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=

Yes, I did that. If I put in the trail version 64 that I created for the
trial version, it boots up with no problem. I can also start it with the
Mother Brd CD. I have a 64 bit proccesor on a P5ND2SLI-Deluxe MB. I went
ahead and reinstalled the trial version again for another 120 days while I
figure out how to use my regular winxp.
--
jef

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Is your first boot device set to your optical drive? It won't boot if you
> don't that.
> Andre
> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My trial version expired and I'm trying to install my old windows xp and
> > my
> > sysytem will not boot from a win xp 32 bit version now. Any sugestions?
> > --
> > jef

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Maybe the the disk for your Windows XP x86 is damaged. Have you tried
booting it on another computer to find out if its a problem with the disk?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I did that. If I put in the trail version 64 that I created for the
> trial version, it boots up with no problem. I can also start it with the
> Mother Brd CD. I have a 64 bit proccesor on a P5ND2SLI-Deluxe MB. I went
> ahead and reinstalled the trial version again for another 120 days while I
> figure out how to use my regular winxp.
> --
> jef
>

> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Is your first boot device set to your optical drive? It won't boot if you
>> don't that.
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > My trial version expired and I'm trying to install my old windows xp
>> > and
>> > my
>> > sysytem will not boot from a win xp 32 bit version now. Any sugestions?
>> > --
>> > jef

John Barnes

I think he is dual booting, but he won't give us enough information on his
setup to help him.

news:%23$7Jmb%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe the the disk for your Windows XP x86 is damaged. Have you tried
> booting it on another computer to find out if its a problem with the disk?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, I did that. If I put in the trail version 64 that I created for the
>> trial version, it boots up with no problem. I can also start it with the
>> Mother Brd CD. I have a 64 bit proccesor on a P5ND2SLI-Deluxe MB. I went
>> ahead and reinstalled the trial version again for another 120 days while
>> figure out how to use my regular winxp.
>> --
>> jef
>>

>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>>
>>> Is your first boot device set to your optical drive? It won't boot if
>>> you
>>> don't that.
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>>> "J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=

Sorry for the lack of info. Let's see if this helps helping me. The error I
get, if I recall correctly is something "disk error:no system.." something
like that. I checked the regular win xp on another PC and it came right up.
The PC in question has only one HD SATA. I was able to delete the only
partition with the 64 bit CD during the setup process, thinking I needed to
start for a clean HD. But once I would put in my 32 bit it would come back
again with the same error. Seems like my pc only understands 64 bit now.
Forgot 32 bit. Even when I put in a boot up floppy it won't read the floppy
either. The boot up floppy works fine on my other PC.
--
jef

"John Barnes" wrote:

> I think he is dual booting, but he won't give us enough information on his
> setup to help him.

> news:%23$7Jmb%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Maybe the the disk for your Windows XP x86 is damaged. Have you tried
> > booting it on another computer to find out if its a problem with the disk?
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "J E Flores" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Yes, I did that. If I put in the trail version 64 that I created for the
> >> trial version, it boots up with no problem. I can also start it with the
> >> Mother Brd CD. I have a 64 bit proccesor on a P5ND2SLI-Deluxe MB. I went
> >> ahead and reinstalled the trial version again for another 120 days while
> >> figure out how to use my regular winxp.
> >> --
> >> jef

John Barnes

How is your hard drive set up. Partitions, types of partitions, what is on
the partition and which is active.
Which partition has the boot.ini ntdetect.com and ntldr files on it
Chcek also in Disk Management and see which is your 'system' partition.
Also, if you boot to your install CD for x64, go into recovery console and
perform a bootcfg /rebuild (remember the space), you should have both
your x64 and x32 systems presented. Best bet is just let it add both
systems to your new boot.ini and clearly identify them so you know which you
added. They after you have both working, you can go into System Properties
and clean up your boot.ini
hope this helps