Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Your opinions and observations please....

Your opinions and observations please....

speedracer

I am contemplating buy a new 64 bit system. I realize there is Linux
and several other os out there that can do 64 bit but at this time they
still in my situation, ready for prime time. My questions is simple.
>From what you Vista guru's are seeing will Vista have the ability to

run my existing 32 bit programs? I have heard from one camp it won't
and from others it will. Personally, I have no intention of buying ALL
new programs to replace those that I currently have (unless the mgrs
want to send them to me for free - yea right!). So this answer is very
important. If it will then I can buy the new system and wait knowing I
will be o.k. If it won't then I have to decide if upgraded equipment
will run WinXP 32 faster than I can run it on my existing Athlon 2500+
making the equipment investment still worthwhile and if it won't then
just sitting tight and using what I currently have. As you see one
decision has an impact on the next and so forth. Sorry for being long
winded but this really is important - at least to me... Thanks for any
and all replies...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Windows Vista will be available for the x86 platform, and the WOW64
Subsystem will be a part of Windows Vista x64, so you should still have
compatibility with most 32 bit applications.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...