Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > If Microsoft Office Live Meeting supposed to work with x64?

If Microsoft Office Live Meeting supposed to work with x64?

Michael D'Angelo

Funny thing...

I have an x64 machine at my desk from HP. Works great with just about
everything. So I have a case with PSS about something unrelated (see
microsoft.public.metadirectory) to my desktop machine...

So the tech wants to use Live Meeting on my desktop so he can see me
reproduce the error on the servers it is happening, but when I go to run
Live Meeting, it starts, but then I get an error that says "There was an
error getting the details of the error" or something to that effect, and
Live Meeting exits. This is with a meeting here:
https://www119.livemeeting.com/cc/microsoft/join (Note I did use a 32-bit
IE window!)

Has anyone had issues with Live Meeting or even successfully used it on x64?

I had a 32-bit machine lying around I was able to use, so I didn't really
press the issue with the tech on the phone, although he didn't think there
should have been any issues.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I run live meeting all the time here, both as a presenter and as a guest. It
should work fine in 32-bit IE

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Michael D'Angelo wrote:
> Funny thing...
>
> I have an x64 machine at my desk from HP. Works great with just about
> everything. So I have a case with PSS about something unrelated (see
> microsoft.public.metadirectory) to my desktop machine...
>
> So the tech wants to use Live Meeting on my desktop so he can see me
> reproduce the error on the servers it is happening, but when I go to run
> Live Meeting, it starts, but then I get an error that says "There was an
> error getting the details of the error" or something to that effect, and
> Live Meeting exits. This is with a meeting here:
> https://www119.livemeeting.com/cc/microsoft/join (Note I did use a 32-bit
> IE window!)
>
> Has anyone had issues with Live Meeting or even successfully used it on
> x64?
> I had a 32-bit machine lying around I was able to use, so I didn't really
> press the issue with the tech on the phone, although he didn't think there
> should have been any issues.

Michael D'Angelo

Odd, is that with the web version or the full client download?
And do you do desktop sharing with it?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I run live meeting all the time here, both as a presenter and as a guest.
>It should work fine in 32-bit IE
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Michael D'Angelo wrote:
>> Funny thing...
>>
>> I have an x64 machine at my desk from HP. Works great with just about
>> everything. So I have a case with PSS about something unrelated (see
>> microsoft.public.metadirectory) to my desktop machine...
>>
>> So the tech wants to use Live Meeting on my desktop so he can see me
>> reproduce the error on the servers it is happening, but when I go to run
>> Live Meeting, it starts, but then I get an error that says "There was an
>> error getting the details of the error" or something to that effect, and
>> Live Meeting exits. This is with a meeting here:
>> https://www119.livemeeting.com/cc/microsoft/join (Note I did use a
>> 32-bit
>> IE window!)
>>
>> Has anyone had issues with Live Meeting or even successfully used it on
>> x64?
>> I had a 32-bit machine lying around I was able to use, so I didn't really
>> press the issue with the tech on the phone, although he didn't think
>> there
>> should have been any issues.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hmm. I don't think I've had to do a desktop share recently, probably since I
got the Ferrari, so possibly not. And yes, it's the full client download.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64