Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=

Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
Windows 64bit Edition?

Rick

Because the computer is smarter than you!

Mine has been working for some time without any problem!

Disgusted wrote:
> Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> Windows 64bit Edition?

Torrey Lauer

If you are using ISA Server, then it's because we (me included) are waiting
for a 64 bit version of the ISA Server FWC (firewall client). Until MS
releases a 64 bit version of the FWC, Outlook won't function exactly as you
expected.

I have however been able to circumvent the issue by using OWA to get e-mail.
It may or may not work for you depending on your server setup, but you may
be able to access your e-mail through IE by going to http://(your server IP
or server name)/exchange

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Because the computer is smarter than you!
>
> Mine has been working for some time without any problem!
>
> Disgusted wrote:
>> Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
>> Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=

Thanks Rick, thats extremely helpful.

"Rick" wrote:

> Because the computer is smarter than you!
>
> Mine has been working for some time without any problem!
>
> Disgusted wrote:
> > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> > Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=

Are you using exchange server across the internet?

"Rick" wrote:

> Because the computer is smarter than you!
>
> Mine has been working for some time without any problem!
>
> Disgusted wrote:
> > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> > Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=

Thanks, and OWA does work for me too but it is more limited than OUtlook
2003. This is another example of a microsoft problem. No one can point the
fingers at others on this one. Rick, is this a microsoft problem?

"Torrey Lauer" wrote:

> If you are using ISA Server, then it's because we (me included) are waiting
> for a 64 bit version of the ISA Server FWC (firewall client). Until MS
> releases a 64 bit version of the FWC, Outlook won't function exactly as you
> expected.
>
> I have however been able to circumvent the issue by using OWA to get e-mail.
> It may or may not work for you depending on your server setup, but you may
> be able to access your e-mail through IE by going to http://(your server IP
> or server name)/exchange

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Because the computer is smarter than you!
> >
> > Mine has been working for some time without any problem!
> >
> > Disgusted wrote:
> >> Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> >> Windows 64bit Edition?

Charlie Russel - MVP

obviously, because you don't know how to configure it

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Disgusted wrote:
> Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=

1and1.com 'configures it' but I sure do love watching you guys blame the user
with something that is your fault.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> obviously, because you don't know how to configure it
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Disgusted wrote:
> > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> > Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlzZ3VzdGVk?=

And it works perfectly on every other machine I have ever installed it on. I
think the most frustrating thing is how you guys are so quick to point the
finger at others but are simply unable to take some responsibility.
"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> obviously, because you don't know how to configure it
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Disgusted wrote:
> > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> > Windows 64bit Edition?

Rick

This probably is a Microsoft problem, but like Torrey says, people are
waiting for a software update. But, these things don't just appear like
magic overnight. It always take awhile for the software to catch up
with the hardware. The hardware has to be there to work with before the
software can be written. So, it's not the proverbial chicken and egg
story. You simply cannot develop software without the hardware to run
it on.